• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus CIVE AM3+ support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Didn't realize this until today, but looks like there was a beta bios from Asus released last week to support Bulldozer chips. Anyone heard anything about it before now?

On my way to Microcenter for an FX-6100, my CIVE is already prepped for cold and I have 50L of LN2 waiting in the wings...

It'll be interesting to see how it goes; still convinced most people are going to blow their FETs out if this is any indication:

AMD_FX-8150-194.jpg

You will. :) Need to get the CPU and install an OS, then its down to business.

I haven't heard anything about testing of the FX-6100, so it will be entirely new ground. As such, I think its probably a good idea to set it to 1.8V and see how high it clocks right off the bat.

Ya, so it doesn't work - found that out first hand, and coldnut called asus support and they said it doesn't support it.

Not sure why their website has a 3107 bios that says it supports AM3+. That was a big waste of time tonight.

Sentential, I don't know about blowing FETs. I've kicked the crap out of the CIVE with my 1090T, and from that graph it looks pretty much identical. There may be problems for some people with budget boards, but I wouldn't suspect a top end board to not be able to handle the power draw.

Back