• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Busted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

Hey Guys :salute:

I have put this in here to see if anyone else has seen this problem or have have it happen to them.

I'm competing in the Country Cup under the GPUPI section as I only have AMD hardware. I have already lost 1 CHVF-Z, FX 8370, and a FX 8320 during the competition. I had to use my backup CHVF-Z that I had setup for sub-zero benching with the FX 8350. Here is my problem :

I had setup my computer for a World Record run in GPUPI on Sunday Nov 22 powered by a Evga 1300w Supernova G2. I came in 8th under GPUPI 1B using 3 R9 290x's and a R9 290 using only H2O. On Monday Nov 23, I had turned my computer on for checking e-mails and surfing the web. The computer had been on for about 5-7 minutes when I received a warning from AI Suit. The WARNING stated " SB 0.0000v " and then the computer rebooted but failed to make it to the POST. The motherboard now will only light the Start & Reset buttons and power USB drives. The board will not power on by the Start button, Nor the Direct Key, Nor the Power on pins. The reset the bios switch gives a quick blink but does not stay lit. I have already contacted Evga to see if it could be a power supply problem. I have been informed by Evga that this is not a power supply problem.
The computer will not power up to even give error codes or lights to help trouble shoot the problem. The motherboard has a broken memory clip but this has not caused a problem before.

I did not have the video cards OCed ATT and I had the CPU OCed from 4.0 to 4.5 @ 1.425v

First I would try pulling the battery for a while but you're likely going to have to strip it down to bare minimums to problem solve. 1 card 1 stick of ram etc...
Is it possible there's water in it somewhere?

After contacting Evga about their power supply, I swap in a Lepa 1600w Gold. I got the same results with the Lepa as I had with the Evga. I'm taking the long road with their TS as the board has a broken memory retention clip. I do not want them to throw that in my face as the reason for not fixing the board.

I'm taking the long road with their TS as the board has a broken memory retention clip. I do not want them to throw that in my face as the reason for not fixing the board.
That won't stop it from working. RMA that thing.

Damn Mutt, those aren't cheap boards.
Hopefully ASUS treats you right and fixes up the board :)

Guess that's the nature of the beast we call benching

Back