• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair VI Hero Q-Code 8 / Not Starting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nazzario

Hi

I have a big Problem and i hope someone can help me.
Yesterday i have received all my components. Ryzen 1800x, 32 GB Ram, M.2 SSD, RX480 Graphic Card and Silent Loop 280.

I have installed all components and now the PC is not booting. I received the code 8. My Problem is i cannot goes into the bios because i have no Screen.
The RGB on the Boards is ok. The CPU-Ready is green but the onboards LED is off.
I have tried to remove the RAM, than just use 1 Ram /2/3/4 etc. I remove all other components, Graphics Card, SSD but still Code 8 and nothing working. I just not removed the CPU because it's a lot of work. And the Status is green so i think that will be ok.
I Flashback the bios to 0902 from the asus page and i think that installed sucessfully.

I don't know what i can do and i hope someone can help me.

Thanks and Regards
Nazzario

Code 8 is a CPU problem. The green CPU LED doesn't mean it's actually good.

Remove all the hardware from the case and put the board on top of the board box. Try with just the board and CPU to see if you get other codes.

Also could be a cooler mount issue. Loosen the cooler completely and just set the block on top of the CPU. Push down on it lightly. Try booting like that.

If you still get Code 8 like that, I'd say it's time to exchange the CPU. That's what happened to me. Got a new CPU and it booted fine.

Hi,
I am having the same problem. Put together my first ryzen build last night and it wouldnt post. getting q code 8. I have already flashed the bios with 2 different version and still no joy. Motherboard is Crosshair 6 with 1700x

Did you try any of the things that MNMadman suggested? Take one stick of ram out etc.. What ram do you have? Some kits just won't work on this platform

the ram I'm using is G Skill trident Z 3466 cl16 kit 16gb 4 sticks. I have on the other hand tried pulling parts off (one at a time) and seeing if I get another response. The start up error is unchanged. tried removing/loosening the cooling block aswell. tried booting with just the cpu. same code 8.

I'm leaning toward the ram as the problem, I have a similar kit, wouldn't boot in the CHVI it did in an MSI board but I soon corrupted the BIOS with it.

Will reflashing correct a corrupted BIOS? Like I said there is no response from the board when I take the RAM out and press start either. The motherboard goes straight to code 8. Buying new Ram will be costly and I dont want to spend money on it until I'm sure.

Hi

I have a big Problem and i hope someone can help me.
Yesterday i have received all my components. Ryzen 1800x, 32 GB Ram, M.2 SSD, RX480 Graphic Card and Silent Loop 280.

I have installed all components and now the PC is not booting. I received the code 8. My Problem is i cannot goes into the bios because i have no Screen.
The RGB on the Boards is ok. The CPU-Ready is green but the onboards LED is off.
I have tried to remove the RAM, than just use 1 Ram /2/3/4 etc. I remove all other components, Graphics Card, SSD but still Code 8 and nothing working. I just not removed the CPU because it's a lot of work. And the Status is green so i think that will be ok.
I Flashback the bios to 0902 from the asus page and i think that installed sucessfully.

I don't know what i can do and i hope someone can help me.

Thanks and Regards
Nazzario

So before you flashed the bios to 0902 it was working? Is 0902 an earlier bios than what had been installed? I am a little confused. How can you "Flashback" to 0902 when you "have no screen." Did the no screen problem come before the "Flashingback" or aft er it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I am having the same problem. Put together my first ryzen build last night and it wouldnt post. getting q code 8. I have already flashed the bios with 2 different version and still no joy. Motherboard is Crosshair 6 with 1700x

Same question as above. How can you flash a bios if you are getting no post? Are you saying you can get into the bios even though you can't post?

Will reflashing correct a corrupted BIOS? Like I said there is no response from the board when I take the RAM out and press start either. The motherboard goes straight to code 8. Buying new Ram will be costly and I dont want to spend money on it until I'm sure.
It should, ASUS has 1002 up at their site currently. Not sure if you're familiar with the flashback but certain procedures need to be followed. Drive needs to be formatted FAT32 and BIOS file is renamed C6H.CAP and it's in the root directory of the flash drive. Only one USB slot will work so verify it's in the correct one. Hold the button until the blue light starts to flash. If it's working correctly in a bit of time it will start to flash faster. When it's done flashing then you have your new BIOS.
@ Trents, ASUS flashback works without post or even a CPU installed. It flashes the BIOS chip directly

It should, ASUS has 1002 up at their site currently. Not sure if you're familiar with the flashback but certain procedures need to be followed. Drive needs to be formatted FAT32 and BIOS file is renamed C6H.CAP and it's in the root directory of the flash drive. Only one USB slot will work so verify it's in the correct one. Hold the button until the blue light starts to flash. If it's working correctly in a bit of time it will start to flash faster. When it's done flashing then you have your new BIOS.
@ Trents, ASUS flashback works without post or even a CPU installed. It flashes the BIOS chip directly

Just got a new motherboard sent out from the shop. They also tested the cpu and said it was fine, but replaced the board (never mentioned that they tested the motherbard BTW). But I am getting the same problem again. The Ram I checked is supposed to be samsung B die memory. Many others are getting this type of memory to work with the crosshair 6. I am at such a loss now. Don't know what to do.

I have not installed anything into the case so far. Just turning on by pressing start button on MB, can that be a reason or am I clutching at straws?

Just got a new motherboard sent out from the shop. They also tested the cpu and said it was fine, but replaced the board (never mentioned that they tested the motherbard BTW). But I am getting the same problem again. The Ram I checked is supposed to be samsung B die memory. Many others are getting this type of memory to work with the crosshair 6. I am at such a loss now. Don't know what to do.

I have not installed anything into the case so far. Just turning on by pressing start button on MB, can that be a reason or am I clutching at straws?

Hi I just wanted to say that the problem is fixed. This time I reseated the cpu and all it worked. Ram and everything works just fine.

Thank you for all the kind replies.

Back