• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus extreme vi or formula vi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihab7000

Registered
Dear all, I have two boards in my house: extreme vi and formula vi. I have read many reviews on both. I really cannot decide which one to choose. I have one week to take one of both. I have an asus xonar Phoebus sound card and sapphire 7970. I am not a gamer but I like to play games. I am interested more in tweaking. I have heard about the battery problem on the formula vi. Please can any one help me to decide which one to choose? Thx in advance

Either? Both a fine boards (and likely overkill for what you are going to do with it).

Are you paying for these? You can easily use a board that costs less.

Thx for your reply Earth. I am not paying. And I have the option of keeping the oc panel which is compatible with the formula in case I choose it. No water cooling. I just have corsair H100i. Processor 4770k. I like the aesthetic design for the formula but I feel that the extreme seems to be more stable . So again what would be your suggestion? Extreme or Formula. Thx again

If they are both Free with no catches then I don't see a reason to not take the extreme and then resell it in the future.

Back