• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Gene VI Sound Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mostly nice

Registered
For some reason unknown to me my sound levels seems to be very limited all of a sudden. I checked out the controller and software that came with the board and reintalled the driver but still, it's really quiet.

Anyone have any ideas? Please do not tell me she is faulty. :drool: She is only 2 weeks old.

Plug an MP3 player into your speakers instead of the computer to verify that they're working fine. Cycle the player's volume up to full to verify.
Also, I use Winamp to play music, and it's volume control is independent of the windows volume slider. How is your program and windows slider set?
There are also separate settings in the windows control panel that you can look at.

Edit: to add, my windows MCE remote control for the tv tuner will change volume without changing any visible setting in windows...have one of those?

Last edited:
Are you using speakers or a headset?
Any other software running?

Back