• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus GTS 450 ENGTS450?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dg170775

Registered
All,
I'm quite naive when it comes to graphic cards, and am currently relying on the onboard HD graphics on my i3 530.
But, I'm contemplating on buying one soon.
I'm looking at some good deals on the GTS 450 from ASUS from ARIA around £110, and could do with some advice..
Also, I'm also considering spending a little higher and trying for maybe a GTX 470 / HD 5850, but, again, some suggestions would help.
I'm new to gaming so will start gaming once I'm got th graphics card sorted out .. though, I don't see myself as a hard code gamer ..
thankx

I havent really kept up with the gts450 reviews, but think I would spend the little extra and get the gtx460 or 470. It would also make sense to check out the games you play or plan to play as some of them are real sensitive to whether the card is ati or nvidia, if the games show better fps on one maker I would go that way. But as far as shear performance the nvidia cards seem to give a little better fps vs an equivilent ati card.

Back