• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M2N E 2x 4GB ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andrei221

So my pc is built on the M2n e motherboard. I was running 2x 2gb ram until today when i bought 2x 4gb modules. i removed my old ram, replace with the new, and it wouldn't boot. i reseted cmos, i tried with only one stick of memory at a time, i tried all of the slots, i tried increasing the voltage, but nothing works. ram is PC2-5300.

Thank you for your support

Just at a gues it likely doesn't support the 4Gb modules. It says on site max 8Gb which usually has all slots filled so 4x2Gb. If you can exchange the ram I would. There are no 4Gb modules listed on the compatibility list

Just at a gues it likely doesn't support the 4Gb modules. It says on site max 8Gb which usually has all slots filled so 4x2Gb. If you can exchange the ram I would. There are no 4Gb modules listed on the compatibility list

Thx for your fast response. So there isn't anyway to support 2x 4gb i guess. I upgraded the bios with no luck. I guess i will try and trade these modules for 4x 2gb ones..

One question though, why so much ram for such an old system. Win7 will run fine on just 4Gb

Back