• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M2N32SLI- MOBO and Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LongBike

Registered
Aloha and glad to be back on here after about a year away.
I am LongBike from Honolulu, Hawaii and I love Computers ....yeh .

OK this is what I need help with:
I have this Cooler Master HAF Full Tower with a ASUS M2N32-SLI with a AMD AD6000 CPU in it with a ....
Corsair ...TX750W , and it went on a trip with the ....( 3 Second Boot and shut down constantly ). I did all the
checking and it still wont change so I have this other MOBO to use.
Monitor is a Philips 48 inch T.V. plug into with a HDMI.
I have THIS OTHER M2N32-SLI ....( PHENOM ll X2 555 CPU ) and 1 GB - Kingston KHX8500AD2k2/4GR Module. It has just one
now and I need to know if my old ......
Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D / 1066 / 5-5-5-15 / 2.20 / ver1.2 ....... Modules will work in it ?
I have ... 8 GB to use.
This MOBO is from the other working PC and just switching it around to use it.

Last edited:
Looks like you're talking about all DDR2, you should be able to swap it around.
I wouldn't try running sticks with different speeds and timings in the same computer though.

Aloha and thanks for the reply back..... ATMINSIDE .
Yes I have the Corsair ones and that's going into the MOBO all together. No mixed Modules
because it will destroy the MOBO. I have enough Corsair 8500's so they will be just fine.
What about these ......Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 / 2 GB Modules are they any good ??
( KHX8500AD2K2/4GR / 9905315-173 A00LF K2 / 382.4065-0487793 2.0v ) I have looked
around and they are kinda rare it seems.

Last edited:
Those kingston seem to have pretty high latency for the speed you'd want CL5-6 not CL7
Mixing ram won't destroy a mobo BTW it will possibly cause some instability that's all no physical damage.

Aloha Johan45,
Thanks for the reply .
I have it in the MOBO now and it shows a little slight slow starting up then it clear's up fast.
The MOBO needs better memory I would say. These Kingston Modules are hard to find even on eBay.
I wanted to use my old Modules that were ....Corsair 8500 like I said but when the other MOBO went
down it apparently killed the Modules. So now trying to match this Kingston Module but no luck
finding any of them at these Numbers. I'll keep on trying to find them and see what goes on.
Thanks and Aloha for the ..... " INPUT " ... on this project.

Last edited:
Aloha Johans45,
Thanks and it is just a back up rig for doing things. I had it for so long I did not want to get
rid of it. It works fine and was going good until that MOBO dies so I just wanted to fix it up.
I saw some Modules but I never used ..... Kingston Memory before so that is why I requested
some information. I have his other one in a .... Cooler Master HAF case also so just fixing things
up for uses.
Thanks for the reply I'll go and see which I can use and try to pic the right ones for it.
The numbers is where I got mixed up with on the ..." Type of Modules To Use ' because I never bought these before of this brand.
Thanks again Johans45
Aloha LongBike

Aloha Johans45,
Thanks and it is just a back up rig for doing things. I had it for so long I did not want to get
rid of it. It works fine and was going good until that MOBO dies so I just wanted to fix it up.
I saw some Modules but I never used ..... Kingston Memory before so that is why I requested
some information. I have his other one in a .... Cooler Master HAF case also so just fixing things
up for uses.
Thanks for the reply I'll go and see which I can use and try to pic the right ones for it.
The numbers is where I got mixed up with on the ..." Type of Modules To Use ' because I never bought these before of this brand.
Thanks again Johans45
Aloha LongBike

OK UPDATE TO THIS THREAD :
To Everyone ... " PROBLEM SOLVED NOW ". :clap:
Aloha ,
Ok I went through my File Cabinet here and found some ...... 2 X - DDR2 2-GB (Each) Patriot Modules and installed them. :thup:
Smooth Sailing now no hesitations on the ...... " Boot Start-Up ". Every thing is working fine now and stable. :thup:
The problem was the Kingston module probably because only ... 2 GB was in there for use. :rofl: :screwy:
So that is all needed to use for now on this ..... Spare Rig.
Thanks again everyone for all the help .... :thup:

Last edited:
Got Everything Going Good Now ....

Aloha Johnan45,
Yes, I found the easiest way . ( I JUNKED THE OLD MOBO ....... once and for all. ) :clap:
I have ...... ( 3 more ASUS M2N32-SLI 's ) ..... here I got before that work good and for spares. )
I retried the old MOBO in another case also. Come to find out when I (Power Up the MOBO Light Flash's and Turns Off. )
Had to be the MOBO that was short circuited. The other one I tried my same ..... Corsair 3 X 2GB Modules in it, it
works great with the ....Phenom 555 CPU. Real Stable too and just cruise's on.

This other one works great too with the ....AMD AD6000 that was in it too. ( Now on to the other case.)
I have that old .... Antec SOHO Type / Alienware from around ...2000/01 so later I am going to put a good MOBO
into it and use it for another extra. I got it for FREE so why not and it is in Top shape also.
Well Thanks again everyone and I will still be around. :thup:
Longbike from Hawaii

Last edited:
Well everything is going great now that I replaced the MOBO and Memory.
So just needed to thank everyone again for all the help and advice
The Corsair 8500 old set of memory works just fine yet.

Last edited:
Back