• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A77TD Overclocking Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gleem

Just set up a new motherboard processor and ram
ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 deneb black edition
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

Now I wanted to really test the processor out by cranking up the cores. The only problem, I can't. There's an obvious core speed control in the Bios, but when I increase the speed (by 2% increments, it ranges from -12% to 12%) I don't actually see a speed difference. Nothing I run shows any difference in clock speeds, from the system monitor in the bios to windows 7 to cpu-7, everest ultimate, everything just shows it at the stock 3.21 GHz.

Nevermind, I'm just stupid. I was setting the wrong thing. It's properly overclocking now. I dislike the limits of the auto-overclock feature though, only 2,5,8,10%.

:welcome: to OCF!

Using the pre-set settings isn't the best way to overclock but it is simple. The 955BE can go higher than 10% as long as you have good cooling and chances are the pre-set BIOS program isn't taking full advantage of the processor. That being said, manual overclocking does involve some time and effort on your part. You'll need to read about the process and experiment with different settings to get the most out of your hardware. There are several good threads you can read including the AM2 guide and the Phenom II guide. Both are stickies in the AMD CPU section if you're interested ... :)

What settings DID you change to get the m4a77td pro to overclock? I'm running into what seems to be the same problem. Just updated to the most recent BIOS yesterday. Thanks!

What settings DID you change to get the m4a77td pro to overclock? I'm running into what seems to be the same problem. Just updated to the most recent BIOS yesterday. Thanks!

If I were you I'd PM him since this thread is very old and inactive.

Back