• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A78T-E Raid Driver issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro SP3.

I hit F6 and try to install sata drivers, and it keeps giving me the "line error" message with the raid drivers. Sometimes it'll say Line 1, other times Line 14...
I keep downloading different raid drivers and trying them. I've tried several different floppy disks, 2 different floppy drives, and 2 different floppy cables!!

I'm losing my mind!!

Okay, so after hours of trying to figure this out, it seems as though the floppy disc drive on my machine (where I was creating the raid F6 driver) was causing the problem. It is weird as I can see files when I copy them to floppy, but then when I created the RAID floppy from another system, everything went through fine.

So now the board can SEE the floppy and install the raid driver, but I still run into one of 2 problems:
#1 -BSOD - I played with RAM settings and I finally am not getting BSOD, which leads to problem #2.
#2 - Although I'm loading raid driver from floppy for x86 platform (winxp 32-bit) it still doesn't detect a hard drive.

This is hell, man... been spending all afternoon/evening on this.

*EDIT*
LOL... a first time for everything.
I checked the hard drive cables and the power cable was crocket... something must have tugged on it when I opened the case... probably one of the power cables for the fans. I never zip tie and organize the cables until everything is installed and stable. OOPS!

HOLY CRAP!!! I just wasted all this time!! The reason my slipstreamed disks wouldn't work is b/c the damn hard drive power was loose!!

All day trying to figure out why the floppy was having trouble wasnt even necessary... jeez!!
Well, I guess now I know the floppy drive in my main computer is messed up... that's about ALL I gained out of this! AHHHHH

Last edited:
Anyone else get the "FAILED OVERCLOCKING" error during POST?
The system is otherwise stable, but sometimes it gives that error.

I now have the machine on the 1402 BIOS as it seemed to be the best of the few BIOSes that I tried.

Back