• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4A79T Deluxe CPU voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmrios82

Hello guys, here are 2 screenshots of my computer, one running prime95 and the other at idle, I don't understand the voltage raise at idle, this is normal?
I setup de CPU voltage at the BIOS at 1.4875. :shrug:
My other question, why are differences between CPU-Z and Everest CPUID readings? The CPU-Z readings at 100% Load are the closest to the 1.4875 volts that I setup in the BIOS. I'm running a Phenom II 955 C2 @ 3.8 Ghz on a Asus M4A79T Deluxe MB.
Thanks.
VoltsIdle.png

VoltsLoad.png

Its common to get "vdroop" under load, that is the vcore drops below what it is set at in bios. That's what yours shows. It's not uncommon to get "negative vdroop" under load where the vcore actually rises under load. My board does the latter. It's also not uncommon to have windows reporting software say something different than what you have set in bios. What you set in bios is nominal and it may differ from the actual voltage being used by the system. That is to say, the calibration may be off. And one program may calculate voltages differently and not agree with another. It looks to me you are still in the safe range for voltage but I wouldn't go any higher, especially if Everest is the correct one. The thing that strikes me more than the voltage reporting differences is the CPU speed reporting difference, with Everest showing only 3.705 ghz and both CPU-z and Overdrive showing 3.812 ghz with different HT speeds. Weird! Nice overclock, by the way! What's your NB speed in the CPU-z memory tab?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer, yeah, I'll stay at that voltage - speed, more volts sound very unsafe to me, maybe with better cooling, but it's enough for me at this moment :cool: . I think that something is wrong with the Everest, because the other two softwares are showing the same information. My NB Speed is 2400 Mhz, I tried 2600, but was unstable.

Nice clocks! :thup:

Not sure I'd want to push it much more, either. Right now your temps are right at the edge, no reason to mess with a good thing. ;)

What does Control Panel>System show for CPU speed?
If you'll notice it's the HTRef that Everest is seeing wrong. No way any system is running 195 MHz unless you've been playing inside AOD - it just doesn't happen ...

The M4A79T-Dlx has a lot of problems with vdroop and other things.

You may want to try out the latest Beta bois, check my sig for more information.

Back