• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4A87TD EVO CPU Fan controller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boosted98gsx

My CPU fan is annoyingly loud, and speedfan is ridiculously hard to configure. Is there a SIMPLE CPU fan speed controller out there?

How bout the bios is there anywhere to set up the fans in there. Like the monitor section.

I'm messing with the fan control in the AI suite, but no matter what % I make the fan speed, it stays at 2800 rpm.

Holy cow this is annoying as all hell.

Speed Fan and Ai suite and or the BIOS are going to conflict with one another. If you really want to use speed fan then you need to disable the fan control for the cpu in the bios. This will set it at 100% then you can control it with speed fan.

Corsair H80i >> you mean the radiator fan? H80i ought to come with software to control the radiator fan.

That piece of **** got removed today after NUMEROUS "cpu fan error"'s. I am so tired of it, I cannot handle it anymore. Also, one of the fans had a bearing die.

DONE with those things.

I have one of these zalman's on it now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...18223&ef_id=UnuqYQAABSqLEpA6:20131123233124:s

I just need to get its speed down, because it is annoyingly loud.

Last edited:
WHY IS MY RPM NOT CHANGING WHEN THE LOAD % VALUE IS ADJUSTED???? THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likely because that older Zalman thing has only a 3 pin connector to the fan and not a 4 pin PWM type fan. It does say in the specs for that cooler that there is a speed controller shipped with the cooler. You can use that.

Back