• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 users/owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boucher91

i have purchased this board it will either use a 1100t or the 965 in sig....
looking for, mem whos using what and what works the best...
tia

G.skill ripjaws here (F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM, its the 2x2gb kit), I can run them at 1600 8-8-8-24 with my 4.1+ OC on my 965 all day long. Great ram for the money IMO.

Mine are in my sig, they run fine at 1600 speed but had to manually set the timings. Heatsinks are a little tall and had to use the farther slots as they touched the CPU heatsink. More costly then other options and not sure the faster timings actually help. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220522 They don't seem to be in stock any more.

Last edited:
Don't Forget The memory controller on the AMD 965 and 1099T can only handle 1066MHZ-1333MHZ DDR2/DDR3 if you try to clock the sticks at 1600MHZ you will eventually fry the mem controller in the processor cause the FREQ will be too HIGH !

Don't Forget The memory controller on the AMD 965 and 1099T can only handle 1066MHZ-1333MHZ DDR2/DDR3 if you try to clock the sticks at 1600MHZ you will eventually fry the mem controller in the processor cause the FREQ will be too HIGH !
This is Overclockers.com where we routinely overclock anything that can be overclocked. OC'ing the RAM to 800 MHz (= DDR3-1600) is not that big a deal -at least not on this forum. ;)

And, please, quit shouting!

:p

i ended up going with some mushkin ddr 1600 787 24 @1.65v...bought 2
havent gotten the rig built yet (waiting on a case dont know which one yet)
but the same kit is in rig sig doing exactly that with the cpu @3800

havent gotten the rig built yet (waiting on a case dont know which one yet)
If you're buying a case and haven't decided on one make sure it's at least 8" wide (and a little more is better) or you won't be able to use the 120mm tower coolers. It's a shame how many people get hosed by this when there are plenty of cases, even some relatively inexpensive ones, that are wide enough.

going wc on cpu,,,2 rx320s 655 ekhf fullcopper
looking hard at the same case in sig at frozen, but lian li a71 looks nice too

Duh! I should have remembered from your posts in the WC section. Guess it doesn't matter much, then, as long as you can easily fit a rad or two in there somewhere. ;)

Back