• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus m4n82 Cpu multi problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raistlin

Hello,

I have ran into a small problem with this mobo. After updating to the latest bios. I went back and set the bios settings to my overclocking settings that i had ran for months before the update. (cpu multi x19, cpu v. 1.475, cpu-nb v. 1.25 etc.) But this time instead of having an o/c of 3.8ghz. i got 3.2... i then ran cpu-z and it said that the multi was at 16 not 19... after going back through the bios and changing the multi several times, i had to change it too 22.5 to get too 3.9ghz... Since then i have switched back to my previous Bios (v.2003) but i am still getting the same results. Anyone have an idea i why this suddenly happened?
thanks for the help.

First i had bios v. 2003 and then updated to 2101 (problems started) then switched back to 2003.

Also i have cool n quiet: disabled
as well as C1e: disabled (tried both enabled and disabled)

I know that ASUS is working on updating the BIOS for the new Thuban CPUs. The newer BIOS may have added more support for the later Phenom II CPUs and losing functionality for the 940BE. This happens time to time due to limited BIOS space.

What can you do in 2003 BIOS?

I can reach 3.9ghz but i have to set the multi @ 22.5 for some reason...
it is not a big problem, but i was just wondering why all of a sudden the multi's were coming up wrong on both cpu-z, and system info. The real concern is that even after switching back to the older version of bios ( v. 2003 the one that i have had working for months before running @ 3.8ghz with the cpu multi @ 19) the cpu multi is not posting correctly.

Thanks

just thought of something... it is possible that i didnt go back to the exact bios version that i had before... i will have to double check this

Last edited:
You've already reset the BIOS/CMOS? If not, try that.

Next thing I would try is resetting with only one stick of RAM installed. It doesn't always help but sometimes it does so it's worth a shot ...

I already tried clearing CMOS using the jumper... but i have not tried removing all but one stick of ram... i will try this and see if it helps....
Thanks

AHHHH.... ok
Tried the 1 ram stick thing and still same problem... i am trying to flash back to the old version of bios that i had before but you cant do that with Asus EZ flash. So i have tried Afudos 2.38... i have to tell you i really am getting lost with this dos program... ok i started by booting from the Asus mobo disk to dos. i put the Afudos program on a flash drive as well as bios ROM file. i cant seem to get it to work. let us say that the flash drive is named "D" and the bios rom file is named "asus1801.rom" and the Afudos file name is "Afudos238" what are the commands that i need to type?
i have tried: D:/afudos "hit enter" #$%%#
D:/afudos/i>asus1801.rom "hit enter" AHHHHHHHHHHH

Please help... im stupid....
Thanks

How sad that the generation that could work with DOS is dying out. It still comes in handy now and then.

In this case the easiest thing to do is to create a bootable flash drive. Use this:

http://hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.software.informer.com/

Copy the unpacked DOS-based flash utility to the flash drive along with the version of the bios file you wish to install.

Set your computer bios to boot from the flash drive.

Type: "dir" without the quotes to look at the file names and to spot the name of the executable flash program file and the file to be flashed. If either of these file names are longer than 8 characters you will see ~ in the name.

Type the name of the executable file (without the .exe extension) followed by a space and the name of the file to be executed exactly as they appear in the DOS directory file list, including the ~. The manufacturer's website should also give directions concerning the DOS syntax.

Last edited:
New bios update (v.2102) fixed all problems. Thanks to all for the help... love this site.

Back