• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4N98TD Evo Fluctuating VCore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was actually my fault for not thinking outside the box and just focusing on finding the actual numbers. The main objective was to lower the processor speed and the 2 other frequencies whichever way the bios allowed.

Anyway, taking your advice, I got my RAM to 278 on 1.64v. Got the bsod at 280.

BTW, you are correct about my join date being misleading. I've been out of the overclocking game since 2004 when everything was pretty simple.

Well, now that that's out of the way where were we? Oh yeah -

can you post the CPU-Z CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs while running at 240 MHz? I'll also need RAM and cpuNB voltage as set in BIOS when trying to get 244 MHz as well as your load core temp (we use OCCT or Prime95+CoreTemp for that now). All that information would be helpful to figure out what's holding you back ...

We kinda solved my problem last night. After flashing my bios to 0803 , I've been running at 3906mhz (252x15.5) stable. 1.42v vcore, 1.62v RAM, 1.22v cpu/nb with my cpu/nb at approx 2400 and ht link at around 2200. I left my VDDA at auto. My load temp was 43degrees with prime running for 8 hours. I was even able to get to 4.1ghz (265x15.5) with 1.45v vcore but I don't want to have to run my voltage that high so I backed down to 3.9ghz at 1.42v. I might try going higher with higher voltage sometime in the future just to see how high I can push my cpu.

So the problem could have been the older bios or my voltages/frequencies weren't right.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Thanks again for all your help.
I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again real soon.

Back