• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus M4N98TD EVO or Crosshair III Formula?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gambz

Registered
hi
i have an asus crosshair iii formula, 2 sapphire hd 6870 and a huge problem.
i made this rig for one propose: 3D eyefinity. But now i came to a very big problem that i just cant solve, and that is the monitors. i live in portugal and i just cant find one single monitor suitable to 3DHD ATI technology. :cry:

and now the question:
what if i bought a M4N98TD EVO? ill keep the cpu/ram/psu/case and sell mobo and gpus... buy a decent nvidia gpu (gtx580 maybe) for now and the second in a few months.
*How much will i be loosing/winning in terms of performance?
*Is M4N98TD EVO the best amd mobo with sli? what other decent options do i have?

Thanks in advance and sorry if i misspelled something.
ah and sorry for my lack of knowledgement in computers but this is my first "hand made" rig

What's the only "new" mobo available with nVidia chipset for SLI, but you also can use HACK SLI and get a better mobo with AMD chipset.

hummm that way i could be able to do that in my crosshair iii formula?
how do i do that? can you give me some clues?

hum ill look into it, cause i really dont wanna have to sell my mobo. thanks :D

ok but im still working on selling my two (stupidly bought) 6870s...lool

im selling it here in portugal 175eur each. idk how to ship it out side portugal.

Back