• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:ASUS M5A88-V only letting me control one pwm input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

i am unable to control a fan off the pwn located next to my ram. i can control the one next to the cpu (3 pin not to be confused the the cpu 4 pin) the two fans i have run at different rpm's and i am running them off the one that works with a 2 way splitter. will this cause one fan to not run at max. or make it so that only on is controllerable.???

I have read some reviews on Newegg and Tiger Direct of some similar problems with this board. They seem to have fixed this by going into the BIOS and changing it that way. Unless you have already gone into BIOS and this still did not fix this; then you may just have a faulty board in some as I did see a lot of boards that had to be RMA'd

im starting to think that the one control controls both. both of the 3 pins work but i cant tell what rpm the secound one is running at

CHA_FAN is the controllable PWM output. It is located near the rear of the motherboard.

PWR_FAN can be used either on PSUs that support it, to monitor the PSU fan speed (it does not power it, only monitors RPMs) OR it can be used to plug a non-PWM fan that will run at 100% speed due to the lack of PWM on that output. It is the one located next to the RAM.

Back