• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus m5a97 motherboard is not booting,please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvt

Hi Guys, I want to know My Asus m5a97(Amd fx 6100) is dead or not,it was perfectly fine for last five months,then it suddenly stop working, the cpu fan and graphics card fans are working but no video signal,first i thought it was psu issue because cooler master extreme 600 fans were not spinning even when i shorted the black an blue cable,so i replaced it, i got a new one from the vendor,i think the psu is ok now, because the fans are now spinning,but others are everything is same,no video signal, cpu and graphics card fans are spinning,the one thing i noticed is that the green LED is on but the dram memok LED is not liting,it was previously liting when the system was working,i dont know if it is the ram issue,the ram was prevously working it is corsair vengence 1600 4 gb,when i click on the dram memok button the red LED just blinks on and nothing happens,i tried different mem slots but nothing,i removed cmos battery and put it again,i resetted the jumper in motherboard as per the instruction manual,still nothing is happening, i want to know if it is bad memmory stick or bad motherboard or processor,and also i am not sure but there used to be a little beep sound when i switch on the system in its working past,now no beep sound even when i removed the memory stick from motherboard,
My Complete specs are
Asus m5a97
Amd fx 6100
Nvidia Gts 450
Cooler master extreme 600w
Corsair Vengence 1600 4Gb (single stick)

Last edited:
Did you have the system overclocked and if so, how much? What were you cooling the CPU with? Did you ever check CPU socket and core temps under load? Have you tried your video card in another working computer?

Did you have the system overclocked and if so, how much? What were you cooling the CPU with? Did you ever check CPU socket and core temps under load? Have you tried your video card in another working computer?

No i didn't overclocked my processor,and i didn't check my cpu socket either i didn't changed anything in my system for some time last time it was when i installed my new cooler which is cooler master tx3 evo,but there was no problem after installing it, the system was working fine with my new cooler,the core temp under load is usually 55-60c ,the cpu fans are running,and also gpu fan,and when i remove the display cord from graphics card the monitor shows the usual message 'Connect the dispaly Plug'

Try the graphics card in another computer.

What make and model case do you have? I'm wondering about the adequacy of your case ventilation.

Try the graphics card in another computer.

What make and model case do you have? I'm wondering about the adequacy of your case ventilation.

I will check that also i have a spare graphics card Nvidia gt 210 ,with it i will give another try,my cabinet is iball i9090 it is a standard ATX cabinet,for last five months there was no problem with it,the real thing that bugs me is DRAM memok LED is not lighting on startup that used to be in past

Have you tried taking all but one stick of ram out and testing each one in turn that way? Try each stick of ram in each slot.

Have you tried taking all but one stick of ram out and testing each one in turn that way? Try each stick of ram in each slot.

I have only one 4 gb ram stick,and i tried it on all 4 slots,still the same

I am thoroughly ticked off now. I have always admired Asus manuals, but their description or lack there-of for the Post state LEDs is a joke.

From searching for what others say about the LEDs the CPU, RAM, VGA etc leds should light and go out when that section of post is passed. If a Post LED is on continuously, then the error is in that section of the mobo.

So if you turn off the board and remove power from it and then RE-power the board and begin the boot process; the cpu LED should come on and go off IF the cpu section checked out good. I think the cpu LED is checked first and then the ram LED. If you have no cpu LED coming on then the boot process is barely beginning and it could be a bad cpu or board. It could be a bad power supply on the +12V rail but I doubt it for some reason.

Back