• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Matrix Platinum 780 TI water blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TuKr

Will i see a huge benefit by water cooling these? and I've never watercooled GPU's before, from what i have searched about these, These are not standard reference PCB's... Can you guys point me towards what i need to ease the search to finding compatible water blocks. I think EK is the only company I have seen that has blocks for the Asus MP 780 TI.
Thanks everybody

Is noise an issue right now?
I'm assuming your gaming with the system?
The only way you'll see a performance jump is if you increase the OC or take yourself away from a temp limit.

Is noise an issue right now?
I'm assuming your gaming with the system?
The only way you'll see a performance jump is if you increase the OC or take yourself away from a temp limit.

No I'm fine with the noise. I kinda like knowing my system is doing something from time to time lol. Thanks for the reply. I was gonna do a full loop and fit as much rad in as i can so i figured why not water cool them if there is a benefit. 300 for blocks is too much to just eliminate my noise. I was gonna try to slam a 360 and 240 into my nzxt phantom, just to see if i could, then cool the cards, but i cant justify anywhere near that much rad realestate on VRM and CPU alone.

Well 5.120 is going to be iffy whether it'll be enough for two 780Ti's and a 4790K.

Well 5.120 is going to be iffy whether it'll be enough for two 780Ti's and a 4790K.

Damn, i dont think i can make more than that fit. i havent seen any real heat out of my 4790, hotest its gotten high 60's under benches even adia, i feel like the 240 its on is just relaxing. currently running 1.37-1.375 at 49x or 1.355 at 48x.

Well, just think, if you're running stock at 100% load, you're pushing almost 600W of heat that needs to be dissipated.
(That's for the CPU and both GPU's)

I usually suggest 1.120 worth for every 100W or 2.120 for each block (VRM blocks don't count on this).
This lets you use quiet fans and still get good cooling performance.

without a larger case i wont be able to keep it clean, I might be able to wiggle a 480 in the top but i would have to find an excellent cooling solution for the 4th, 120 area, it would be sitting in my 5.25 bays lol. plus the blocks with back plates alone would run me over 300

Back