• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus ix formula post code nonsense

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aem5668

Hey guys so I finally decided to do a full custom water cooled build. After a massive amount of frustration tube bending, it was done....but refusing to boot. I did all the usual things ( reset the cmos with button then by battery, reinstalling bios via dedicated USB and button, reseat the CPU and ram, try without the gpu, unwire and re wire the whole thing, and more) there is no Video output via motherboard or gpu from any port. The motherboard is spitting out a 00 which accroding to the manual is "not used" and if I take out the ram it doesn't change at all leading me to think it could me a bad mobo and that it's not getting past post to the bios. But that doesn't seem right either. And usually any time I've had a bad mobo it's totally dead, where as This runs the fan, pump and the leds on the ram and mobo. Any help would be much appreciated.

Pc part picker list (some minor things changed)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dzBVVY

Last edited:
Don't be offended, it happens to the best of us: is the 4 pin CPU power supply cable plugged into the mobo/PSU?

Not at all man it's usually the stupid mistakes that get me, and yes the 8 pin CPU is plugged in on both ends as well as the mobo cable and the two 8 pin gpu cables. Do you have any other suggestions?

Last edited:
how did your leak test go? are you positive you didnt have any leaks at all? i would double double check the mb for anything that looks like your fluid or if you went clear look for any kind of white residue. grab a can of compressed air and blow out all of the sockets. you may find coolant somewhere. particularly anywhere a drip may have gotten into the cpu socket or pci-e slot. do you happen to have a back up cpu and or gpu that you can borrow? i feel your pain. theres nothing worse than having built a badass rig and for no reason it wont fire up.

If you can score a cheapo air cooler, I would remove everything out of the case. Place mobo on mobo box and just install the bare minimum:

Cpu w/cooler
1 stick of ram
Use onboard video
Psu

See if it'll fire up and you get a video signal. Then install the video card and fire it up again. You're going to have to play the process of elimination game until you find the culprit.

Good luck!

Back