• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus ROG Extreme QCode 35. Won't Post After Memory OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just thought of this, I never used the Cpu install tool that Asus gives. I just do the install normally. Not sure if this matters.

He can't get in the bios Joe board is most likely dead kill two OCF overclocking memory this platform is crazy.I just got a eeprom programmer thinking I borked the bios re flashed the chips and no go :(

@ OP do what Johan said and let the board set for a day or two

My Hero had the same. 00 error and went to RMA.

3x or 2x errors are related to memory. If it can't boot then you can simply hold power button for 4+ seconds, then turn it on and keep holding power for 4+ seconds. Then usually board sets BIOS defaults and throws an info that it couldn't boot ... and you can enter BIOS to correct settings. It's something like clearing CMOS but you don't have to set everything in BIOS again.

So when you get 00 error and reseating CPU or reflashing BIOS won't help then it's probably time for RMA.

This really sucks to have a motherboard that fries its own bios from simple Overclocking. Damn.

$500 board too. Thank for all the help guys.

Last edited:
This might be worth mentioning but the OC panel that comes with the board is in my 5.25" drive bay and still shows CPU temps, as well as CPU VSA (voltage?)? Not sure if this means anything.

Knowing LGA, it's possibly bad socket pins... :(

I like what AMD uses. No questionable manufacturing issues with the sockets, no stubborn socket pins to worry about...

I had to RMA a second hand motherboard back to a store for bad socket pins! (My Asus Maximus II Gene)

And after the OC, do any of the socket pins look black? There was a folk who had a charred socket pin from OC'ing!

Last edited:
I've never heard of bad socket pins, I must admit. Bent, sure. Bad.... that's a new one for me!!

Back