• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Extreme help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Destructor

Registered
hello, I just purchased a new MOBO today. The Asus Maximus Extreme board... I have several quirks on this, hope you can help me...

1: on my board, I thought the ROG red logo on close to the cpu should be light up in red when power on... Mine don't.

2: When I got the board, and removed the protector plastic from cpu socket, one pin in there didn't look right, but every thing seems to be working. should I be concerned about this?

3: I have the above mobo.... with intel i7 3770K cpu, 16 gig dual channel HyperX kingston 1600Mhz. 2X8 Gig sticks / 16 Gig total. 2 Nvidia 460GTX 1 Gig cards in sli... and 2 SSD's Raid 0 as O/S C: drive

Q: should I stay with raid or use the mobo extra features for more disk performance...

any other help would be so much apreciated with this board, lot's of gadgets to play with...

Q: one more thing, can I plug in the OC key with the system running... or do I need to power down to attach that key? cause I have a g19 keyboard, and when I pluged every thing in with the OC key, I had no keyboard input to log into windows... :(

Great, thanks for all the help guys and gals...

Rgds.
Claude

hello, I just purchased a new MOBO today. The Asus Maximus Extreme board... I have several quirks on this, hope you can help me...

hi !

1: on my board, I thought the ROG red logo on close to the cpu should be light up in red when power on... Mine don't.

AFAIK, no its not.

2: When I got the board, and removed the protector plastic from cpu socket, one pin in there didn't look right, but every thing seems to be working. should I be concerned about this?

yes and no. IF everything is OK, OK ! If not, remove CPU and look with magifying glass.

3: I have the above mobo.... with intel i7 3770K cpu, 16 gig dual channel HyperX kingston 1600Mhz. 2X8 Gig sticks / 16 Gig total. 2 Nvidia 460GTX 1 Gig cards in sli... and 2 SSD's Raid 0 as O/S C: drive

OK !

Q: should I stay with raid or use the mobo extra features for more disk performance...

any other help would be so much apreciated with this board, lot's of gadgets to play with...

There is no "extra feature" that will be faster than RAID. But in the end, IMO Raid0 SSD is pretty useless and only for the Epeen. I currently run 2 256gb SSD but not in Raid0, OS/Apps on one and Games on the other one. Raid0 SSD is faster on paper but you wont really feel it.

Q: one more thing, can I plug in the OC key with the system running... or do I need to power down to attach that key? cause I have a g19 keyboard, and when I pluged every thing in with the OC key, I had no keyboard input to log into windows... :(

Never tryed, cant say about this but when i ran a Rampge IV Extreme i left my OC key plugged all the time.

Great, thanks for all the help guys and gals...

Rgds.
Claude

NP !

forgot to mention, I can't get my lucidtechnologie MVP to work with my 460gtx cards... got 2 of them in SLI MVP software won't show me a viewable screen when enabled.

First off the LOGO should come on when computer is on..Second VirtuMVP does not work with SLI..
About the OCkey read the manual on that.

Well if it is new it should light up but check your bios settings,there is a place to turn it on and off..

can you tell me exactly what it's called in the advanced settings... and wich bios are you using? I"m on the newest one... 1707 and I can't find any thing that I would think is for that light.... um, my board is the maximus V extreme.. not the formula right....

It's called LED Control in the advanced menu..
I am using the 1707 bios also..

dang, no such think in my cmos..... I feel liike a real idido here.. lol

can you give me a screen shot of the menu you are going into to change this from on to off please

Back