• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Maximus XI not posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I'm upgrading my x99 5930 to the 9900K. I thought that I would just use my X99 memory F$-3000c15Q-16GRBB. I know that manufacturers list memory that has been tested to work with their hardware, but my past experience has been that memory works with NP usually. My new board is failing to post. I'm in the process of flashing to the latest BIOS. My other thought is that perhaps it is a memory issue. The only board GSkill has list is the X99. Have MB really become that touchy to memory that this might prevent the board from even posting?

The board packaging was not sealed (no evidence that it ever had been) and the board was not wrapped in anti-static film, however, there were no other signs that Newegg potentially sent me a RMA'd board. I hope this thing is not DOA!

Bios update done and no dice. Saying that the board doesn't post is not quite accurate. I mean that I get no power. When I plug in the psu I get pretty LED light scrolling on the board. When I push the power button I hear a faint click then nothing. I saw one other post describing the same issue on one of the Tom's forum from November and the guy replied that his issue had been a DOA MB. DOA MB's seem to be a common issue. :-(

Silly question but you did plug in the AUX ATX power right? It can happen I'm living proof ha ha
Added your ten year badge

If the board was not wrapped in an anti static bag then I would be fairly sure it was a return. That gives you some leverage to send it back to them and I would press them concerning shipping charges in this case. If it were Amazon, I'd be pretty certain they would soak up the return shipping charges.

Back