• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p5b deluxe best bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rogelah said:
This problem occurs prior to booting the installation DVD, so Vista is not involved yet. I have tried setting up a RAID 0 with 2 disks, RAID 1 with 2 disks, RAID 10 with 4 disks and RAID 5 with 4 disks. POST finds the SATA DVD but when it comes time to boot from the DVD it can't find it.

My problem may be that I have 4 disks connected to SATA 1, 2, 3 and 4 with the DVD connected to 6.

Anyway, I am going to take JB's advice and connect the DVD to the JMicron controller.

My SATA LiteOn wouldn't boot off the ICH8R when it's set to AHCI mode, that was with the 0810 BIOS though. I used the JMicron and it worked fine. The JMicron is a decent controller for an extra onboard chip you may as well just continue to use it the only bad thing is the internal SATA port location blows.

I just got this board today, and I have to say I'm not impressed at all.

My 100.00 Biostar 965PT was alot less buggy and much easier to work with. All the biostar lacked was raid.

I'm using 1004, btw. Hard to say right now, but it seems like I'm having memory issues.

feanor512 said:
At least my Bad Axe 2 is shaping up to be a more stable board.

LOL

if it makes you feel better.

Lets not turn this in to a P5B is unstable thread. It's one of the most rock solid boards money can buy, if not THE most stable.

Has anyone else had problems with the 1004 bios.

Which should I try falling back to, and where can I find it?

hyperasus said:
LOL

if it makes you feel better.

Lets not turn this in to a P5B is unstable thread. It's one of the most rock solid boards money can buy, if not THE most stable.
It's not nearly as stable as the BX2.

Will it do 450+ FSB ;)

As mentioned, this is not a BX2 vs P5B thread - but a "Best BOIS for P5B" thread... I'd think if the OP wanted a BX2, then he would have bought one ;)

I'm also happy with my P5B-Deluxe thus far, and I'm sure you are ecstatic with your BX2, feanor. Moving along...

:cool:

Well... I'm def having some odd problems with the board.

Can't seem to get the memory stable at stock speed (550mhz @ 5-6-6-15). It seems to randomly decide to not boot sometimes, and the PCI-E link bandwidth seems to get set to 1x sometimes for no apparent reason.

feanor512 said:
That's not really an issue for the E6600 unless you're on phase change cooling.

True dat, at the stock 9x multi.

Or if you drop the multi, you could run RAM 1:1 to around 900MHz (and WAY beyond!) with insane NB Clock Speeds, and still retain the e6600's 4MB L2 cache ;)

I do get your point - but this is still a P5B Deluxe thread :clap:

I am running the 1004 and it seems very stable. I have 7 x 475 / 1900 FSB / Mem @ 900, very stable. 1st post hi everyone BTW. :)

1004 Used the Asus update expecting it not to work.:) Worked fine. Only used two BIO's so far, can't speek for the others.

No problems with the 507s no problems with 1004. Slowly moving the clock speed up.

whats the problem with resettting the cmos? I find this mobo to be one of the easiest to OC. The 0804 seemed really good for me with the gskills, I could reach 1066, then I got the buffalos and tried 1004 and I was able to get 1100 easily, I was thinking the 0804 was holding me back but it could have been the ram.

What's the problem? lol
Well, un-like previous mb's, I have to un-hook my sata cables from the hdd's, un-hook my vcard power cable, and remove the vcard to get to the cmos reset jumper and remove the battery. Or do you not do this(reset jumper and remove the battery)?

i never have to clear it actually
if my settings dont take when I reboot, i get black screen, I shut down, then turn off psu wait 30 seconds, turn it back on fire it up and in the bios I go.

Rattle said:
i never have to clear it actually
if my settings dont take when I reboot, i get black screen, I shut down, then turn off psu wait 30 seconds, turn it back on fire it up and in the bios I go.
That is one semi-nice thing about this board. I've never had to physically clear the cmos.

Back