• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p5b deluxe best bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So you guys don't reset the cmos? Well that sounds good to me.
What about the backward revision thing with the 1004? If you don't like it, how do you get back to your older bios?

OnDborder said:
So you guys don't reset the cmos? Well that sounds good to me.
What about the backward revision thing with the 1004? If you don't like it, how do you get back to your older bios?

I think you need an old version of afudos. I used the one that came with my p4c800e-dlx and it worked like a champ. It's a witch to do without a floopy drive though

I own this mobo too and imo currently the best/safe & very convinient method is to use bootable USB stick (use google to find how to make one). Hence, no floppy required.

My USB stick has all the bios revisions and Afudos, and especially for memory testing, you can put there memtest as welll to test memory before really booting into OS in HD when tweaking mobo setting. This will reduce the risk of corrupting the OS.

To downgrade bios, use -> AFUDOS /PBNC /I<BIOS file>

Rattle said:
whats the problem with resettting the cmos? I find this mobo to be one of the easiest to OC. The 0804 seemed really good for me with the gskills, I could reach 1066, then I got the buffalos and tried 1004 and I was able to get 1100 easily, I was thinking the 0804 was holding me back but it could have been the ram.
hi'
so, finaly this 1004 isn't this bad as so many of us complained about ...
not buggy, asus won't deliver a buggy bios, there is no race in there, so I'll update to 1004 too as I did before, and this could help to OC a bit ...
a better management of memory is never bad to get ;)

let's be optimistic, so far only a few of us complained, the ones who know more than us didn't say a thing ...

friendly
i686

Flashed to 910 shortly after installing Windows. System is running great, consequently haven't felt any need to experiment with 1004. I'm not really an extreme overclocker so I don't feel any need for a BIOS that will give me a crazy-high FSB.

bing said:
I own this mobo too and imo currently the best/safe & very convinient method is to use bootable USB stick (use google to find how to make one). Hence, no floppy required.

My USB stick has all the bios revisions and Afudos, and especially for memory testing, you can put there memtest as welll to test memory before really booting into OS in HD when tweaking mobo setting. This will reduce the risk of corrupting the OS.

To downgrade bios, use -> AFUDOS /PBNC /I<BIOS file>

bing you got the old version of afudos I had it now I cant find it anywhere online.

thanks

Rattle said:
what bios you on? I never noticed it but i have seen it reported before...
hi'
on the asus site only the 1004 as the latest ...
have to say that ram is effectively more stable with the 1004 ;)

i686

I am now on 1004 for the last week and half. So far it has been very very good to me without any crashes or issues.

really? i jumped to 1004 then i went back to 910 to check for o/c potentials... any good o/c with 1004 bios?

I'm on a quad core Q6600 and haven't taken it any farther then 360fsb so I can't say if it's done anything for high fsb. Memory issues are same as before; if I run any ratios higher then 1:1 it actually hurts performance. So far everything is running perfectly stable.

Back