• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q -- P5Q Pro -- P5Q Deluxe Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's the BIOS I'm on.

Stilletto: Good call about 8.5, Prime is still chugging away.

Hey, that's great. If it holds up you may find that you can either push it a little futher or maybe lower the voltage for your current clock. These chips are really fickle, and still a mystery for us it seems:beer:

I didn't order my board yet because I'm going to Atlanta tomorrow and I'll try to find one up there since I don't like waiting for toys to arrive in the mail :beer:

Lets see who can top this, borrowed from XS

I'll do my best to top it, but not with a 6x multi ;)

I was planning on getting the P5Q Dlx flavor (DDR2) and just have a couple questions...

Are all 8 SATA ports on Intel RAID controller? Or is there another RAID controler?

Does the Asus CD come with all the drivers? (especially WinXP x64 bit?)

Is the Wi-Fi N card only N compatible or works with A/G bands as well?

Anybody tried RAID or Q6600 on this board? :)

Thanks!

whats the difference between 8phase and 16 phase then.

16-phase power design can reach the power efficiency up to 96%+, and dispel heat generated by VRM module effectively, and lower more temperature compared to other VRM solution. With the high quality power components such as low RDS (on) MOSFETs, Ferrite core chokes with lower hysteresis loss and 100% Japan-made high quality conductive polymer capacitors, ASUS 16-phase VRM design also ensure longer component life, minimum power loss, and help to reach the superior overclocking score ever than before.

Just ordered a P5Q Pro and some nice 4GB G.Skill PC8000. Will post results next thursday!

I am picking up the plain jane P5Q today and pairing it with a e7200, 8800gt, g.skill ram, corsair 650tx psu, seagate barricuda 500gb, antec 300 case and a XIGMATEK HDT-S1283. I will see if I can do mild overclocking with it.

Last edited:
My P5Q Deluxe be arriving tomorrow :). Couldn't wait any longer for the Abit P45's to come out so i snagged this one. Hopefully it was a wise choice. Atleast i know ill be saving some money on my electric bill and in case of mishaps or quick use can hop on the Express Gate. PortCitySlim hows your quad running on the board?

Last edited:
PortCitySlim hows your quad running on the board?

My board is still sitting in its box, I won't be putting it in my case until friday night(waiting on other parts). It looks sick, I can't wait to get some pics of my entire rig in here this weekend. I would like to hear from anyone that has a 45nm Quad in this board like the 9450/9550's, I plan to get probably a 9550 or 9650 later this year and would be nice to see how well these things clock them!

Back