• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8B75-M LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IEski

Registered
Hi guys, i have this mobo with i5 3350P, and i read everywhere that i can raise multi by 4 to get about 3.6-3.7 GHz. And i read on this forum that this mobo can handle overclock. Unfortunately i have everything that relates to CPU overclock blocked in BIOS. At this moment is this cpu enough, but in near future it won't be. So i was wondering if anyone of you can help me a little bit, how to overclock this CPU on this mobo.

The B75 chipset w/ a 3350P is limited to a max. Turbo frequency of 3.3GHz (locked multiplier). You would need a board w/ either a Z75 or Z77 chipset w/ the option to raise the multiplier to a max. of 37 in order to hit 3.7GHz (4 bins above max. Turbo on a single core). If you have the option of raising the BCLK, you could probably hit 105 (105 x 33 = 3.46GHz).

Well, it looks like it is really unfortunate combination, ill look how much new mobo will cost, but if it will be about 100 euros, ill stay on this mobo, and replace 3350P with 3570K, can i overclock on this mobo 3570K ?.. :)

I couldn't tell you for sure, as even though the 3570K has an unlocked multiplier, I don't think the B75 chipset supports multiplier unlocking. I could be wrong, but I believe the chipset only supports changing the BCLK.

For me, it would be enough to raise BCLK, but i can't find it anywhere. :[ If you can help me somehow.. i will be really glad. :)

Back