• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 - CHA_Fan1 RPM issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bowdon

Registered
Code:
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1156, 1155, 1366, AM2, AM3 Heatpipe CPU Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Green Internal Hard Drive
PSU: Coolermaster GX 750W PSU
RAM: G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V
Case: Coolermaster Elite 330 Black Mid Tower Case

Hi,

I'm using Asus P8Z68-V PRO Z68 and I'm having an issue with CHA_Fan1. My CPU_Fan and CHA_Fan2 are looking good. But CHA_Fan1 seems to be stuck at just over 800 RPM's.

CHA_Fan1 is a 4 pin plug and I've connected a 3 pin plug to it. I know the fan can go faster than 800 as it did so when I had it plugged in to the 3 pin CHA_Fan2 connection. I attached a front case fan and it would only stretch to CHA_Fan2 so had to move the back case fan to the 4 pin CHA_Fan1.

Is there anything I can change in the bios to increase the CHA_Fan1 RPM's or will I have to use the 3 pin to molex connector to the psu so it maxes out?

I believe that your motherboard will control that fan if its a 4pin. Try speedfan, it should be able to ramp it up to full if you need to

I thanks for the reply. At the moment I'm using ASUS AI Suite II, which has a program called Fan Xpert (the first edition, not the recent second edition).

My main issue now though is finding a 4 pin fan that plugs in to the motherboard. I've yet to find one when searching. If you can recommend a 4 pin fan I'd be grateful.

Back