• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus p8z77-m Pro fail to power AX860 AX760 unless clear CMOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcardo99

Registered
This issue is very intriguing to me and I'm sure for may experts out there.

I just tested my P8Z77-M PRO with 3 new power supplies to find out all three fail to power up my machine. LED's on motherboard DO light up, but after pushing power button nothing happens until I clear CMOS.

Corsair AX860 #1 - Fail to power unless I clear CMOS
Corsair AX860 #2 - Fail to power unless I clear CMOS
Corsair AX760 - Fail to power unless I clear CMOS
Corsair HX850 - Works wonderfully fine!!! really??? why don't the other 3 work?

Should I assume the 3 brand new power supplies are defective?
Is there any new technology on these new Corsair AX760/860 not present on the HX850 that I'm not aware of and that may be causing my motherboard not to power?

My System specs (for testing):
Asus P8Z77-M Pro
i7 2600k @ stock speed
Corsair vengeance 4 x 2GB 1333Mhz @ stock
On-board video card
No HDD's
No optical drive
Only plugging 24-pin and 8-pin for motherboard and CPU power.

There are a few threads out there about similar issues but w/ no solution. I am hesitant to RMA the motherboard since it works fine with the HX850. I'm also finding it hard to believe 3 brand new sealed power supplies from Corsair are defective.

Anyone know anything about this issue?

Thanks!

mcardo99.gmail.com

The AX Series are Full Modular which Im sure you already know this. Make sure all of your cables are secure on your PSU especially you 24 Pin cable. It is most likely not your PSUs as Corsair uses OEM Seasonic PSUs and they have a low failure rate. It could be your MOBO. Are they the 760/860 I version with the link software?

I purchased a second motherboard, same model, and it worked. My first motherboard was defective.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay no problem man.... I heard it was a pretty solid overall mATX board. Hope you enjoy it.

Back