• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8Z77-V Pro Not Working - New Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Litirin

Registered
I finished building my computer and I've hit a real roadblock. I've been super paranoid and careful for the past two days and been wearing antistatic wrist straps and used antistatic mat for my build. I'm sure everything is connected correctly, I didn't damage anything, and nothing is being shorted.

The problem I ran into is when I started up my computer, I've heard no beeps, no sounds from the speaker, and nothing came up on the monitor. The computer lights were on, the motherboard green LED light was on, anything connected to the power supply was on (fans, dvd drive), and one of the CPU fans was on (I have a push pull config with cm hyper 212+).

3 other fans directly connected to the mobo didn't come on. There's no beeps so I've no clue what's wrong. I tried taking everything off including the graphic card and started the motherboard and cpu by itself on a flat, nonconductive, antistatic surface. Same thing, nothing. Is something wrong with my ASUS motherboard? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

AFAIK, you don't want to start your motherboard on an antistatic surface. Just put it on top of the motherboard box for out-of-case operation, clean cardboard is fine.

Do you have a speaker plugged in? Doesn't look like the P8Z77-V Pro has one onboard, just pins on the header.

Capture.JPG

Oh okay, good to know.

I added a little speaker that came with my case and also had my headphones on. I'm still not sure why it doesn't start up, yet the light is on and a few things get powered on. I took out all the screws and stuff to see if anything was shorting out, but it doesn't seem to help.

It won't play anything through headphones, only the speaker.

Try starting it up with no video card and 1 stick of RAM, no hard drives.

Did you connect all the power cables on your mobo. There should be at least 2: a 24-pin and an 8-pin. 3 if you are into crossfire/sli. The last time I forgot to connect the 8-pin to a Z68 mobo and experienced exactly what you are going through now.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to try them out tomorrow after work, hopefully something will happen. I also connected both pins. If I'm lucky, it'll be something silly like maybe one of the plugs were loose, or so I hope.

I tried unhooking everything and replugging the power with only the cpu and a ram stick. I flashed the bios with flashback and tried turning it on.

Both cpu fans are on now, but still nothing on the screen and no beeps from the chassis speaker. I'll try adding real speakers once my new ones come in (old one is broken).

The size of my monitor wouldn't matter when first starting up, right? I have the big ones where you have to install a driver to display at the biggest resolution, but it should still display at a lower resolution by default. I don't know why things aren't starting up when nothing looks obviously broken. This makes no sense, to say the least!

It can't be my cpu, right? I would think the motherboard would still start up or make some warning if the mobo was good, but the cpu is broken. Does anyone know what's going on?

Your board has onboard gpu. Take out the dedicated graphic card and plug your monitor to the onboard gpu. Worth a try.

Have you tried taking the motherboard out of the case and running it on the Box it came in, that will help check for shorts.

Your board has onboard gpu. Take out the dedicated graphic card and plug your monitor to the onboard gpu. Worth a try.

Yes, I tried that, but no cigar. :(

Have you tried taking the motherboard out of the case and running it on the Box it came in, that will help check for shorts.

Yep. No clue why it won't work.

I'm trying to run it with just the cpu and heatsink (hyper 212+) and a stick of ram. I also tried plugging some fans onto the mobo and they don't work. So looks like only part of the motherboard isn't working, including the graphic area (since the monitor isn't working). Looks like I got a dud, or is there anything else it could be?

Same problem

Hello I have the Asus p8z77-v pro and I have the same problem as you and I was wondering if the new motherboard did fix the problem?

I also have simular problem. Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe I was thinking it might have to do with cabling on case which is a Cooler master Storm Trooper. The fan connects and power cable are beyond me.
Bob

Hey, this isn't related to the question you posted here, but two weeks ago I built a comp with this same board, and thought I would preemptively offer some advice. If you find your computer is turning itself on, follow my last post in this thread. Gave me a big headache trying to figure it out; hopefully it will save you one.

If you have any questions about the board, feel free to ask me.

Good luck!

P8Z77-V Deluxe and almost installed. After 10 days and countless calls to Asus I still can only read 18 g, 2 sticks. It will not read 4 sticks of the proper memory. No one knows why but Asus still xsays that it can use 32 g, 4 sticks.

I'm running with the 2 sticks and love the board. But...
Bob

just read all your post and seems I have the same problem all seems to work the fans hard drive dvd Blu-ray drive but have no sound from the speaker from my asus p8z77-vpro that came with my case also I have nothing coming from my monitor the comp keeps turning itself off and back on after a few seconds I have removed everything and tried but still the same has anyone some idea what the problem is thanx

Back