• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus phone support ... epic fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks for the kind words, "Join Date: 02-14-08"

Not that it matters, but I spent a long time making posts here and else where trouble shooting this problem. Frankly you missed the boat entirely. Hardware failure is a fact of life, I could care less that the board was bad. Hardware failure is irrelevant to the fact that asus fails at customer service, which was to focus of this thread.

If I made a thread entitled sndm3mnys reading comprehension and spelling ... epic fail, well then you would be on to something....

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words, "Join Date: 02-14-08"

Not that it matters, but I spent a long time making posts here and else where trouble shooting this problem. That is irrelevant to the fact that asus fails at customer service, which was to focus of this thread.

If I made a thread entitled sndm3mnys reading comprehension and spelling ... epic fail, well then you would be on to something....
That was unnecessary and extremely rude.

After the first couple times of getting disconnected, did you request "don't put me on hold" or "can I speak with your supervisor?". Did you tell them that you kept getting disconnected? Maybe they had an issue with their phone system? Did you try another phone?

After the first couple times of getting disconnected, did you request "don't put me on hold" or "can I speak with your supervisor?". Did you tell them that you kept getting disconnected? Maybe they had an issue with their phone system?

Not once out of any of the phone calls I made to asus did I ever get to speak to an operator. I tried the rma department 6 times, the customer service department 2 times, and the technical support department 2 times.

One time when I was not disconnected, I was dumped to a message machine, I left a phone message with the rma department, and they never returned my all to this day.

Not once out of any of the phone calls I made to asus did I ever get to speak to an operator. I tried the rma department 6 times, the customer service department 2 times, and the technical support department 2 times.

One time when I was not disconnected, I was dumped to a message machine, I left a phone message with the rma department, and they never returned my all to this day.
Was it all in the same day? Like I said earlier, they could have been having phone problems, it happens. :shrug:

Have you tried recently?

Well this was over the course of a week calls on 3 separate days.

The email I sent took them 10 days to reply too, and by then newegg had already stepped in to help.

did you read the thread?
Yes. Why do you assume I didn't? :eh?: I've been following this thread since you created it.

You called two days in a row. I see you got an RMA number...

My suggestion still stands.

EDIT:
Well this was over the course of a week calls on 3 separate days.

The email I sent took them 10 days to reply too, and by then newegg had already stepped in to help.
I don't see you mention that you called with a span of a week. I see in two posts (Feb 20, 21) that you called them. That is it.

\= what does it matter.

you have a problem with a product from anyone else and they treat you like this, you drop them.

gskill, replies to emails and phone calls in a day or two...

newegg and amazon, in less then a day...

asus 10 days on the email. several weeks and counting on the phone.

im over it, move on pls.

\= what does it matter.

you have a problem with a product from anyone else and they treat you like this, you drop them.

gskill, replies to emails and phone calls in a day or two...

newegg and amazon, in less then a day...

asus 10 days on the email. several weeks and counting on the phone.

im over it, move on pls.
It is personal preference, but I try to give a company more than 1 chance. I don't get upset over small things, no reason for me to get stressed out like that.

And fine, I'll move on.

Its not rude to imply that I just started this thread out of the blue to complain and with out being intelligent enough to "make a thread about it" or "use google"

I'm sorry for being rude but thats what happens when I'm having a bad day and some one whos new here and does not know me or take the time to search before making accusations, implies that I am lazy and stupid.

Like I said earlier new egg already took care of this, but thanks for the offer to help.

Er, what happened to SSS's post? I thought it was well said and needed saying. Seems to have vanished though.

Just for fun, I'm going to call Asus now and see how long they take to pick up. Funny, someone answered right away, I called the toll free number on their website, told them it was about a motherboard, and they transferred me right over.

Of course, I asked nicely and explained the issue I was having. Being nice on the phone goes a long way with CSRs.

Of course, I asked nicely and explained the issue I was having. Being nice on the phone goes a long way with CSRs.
Awesome, you and me are one of the few. I work technical support and the last thing I want to hear is someone mad at me. I work much better when people are nice ;)

Back