• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS PRIME A320M-K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nahemot

Noob Question: Any way to overclock with a "not overcloking support" motherboard

Sorry my bad english :/

I have done investigation work through web, and in some forums it is said it´s possible to overclock (to some degree) through software if your CPU support it but your motherboard not...

I had made the mistake of buying a Asus Prime a320m-k motherboard for my Ryzen 3 1200 cpu :/ In Bios setup there are a lot of optións to "adjust" ram, but cpu settings are blocked :/

I´m doomed? Or there is some way to squeeze a bit my new cpu?

Thanks in advance :)

You can try Ryzen Master software but the 320 chipset was not designed for overclocking. Most likely you'll be stuck at stock with it.

There is something i can do with this "tweaking options"? :eek: I dont know ever what they mean....

IMG_20171017_232825690.jpg

IMG_20171017_232936674.jpg

Looks like you can change the voltage somewhat but there's no option that I can see to change the CPU multiplier which is what you need to go faster. Like I said before you can try Ryzen Master but I don't think it's going to work either. That chipset doesn't have overclocking options. You just got the wrong motherboard
There was no need to start another thread so I'm merging these two together.

I wish there was more we could do to help but.... If the software doesn't work then you're pretty much euchered

Back