• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus Rampage 3 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a multi meter but it grew legs... so no.

on another note, Im ready to take a sledge hammer to this computer. I had it up and running fine in bios and decided to shut down to plug the fans directly into the MB and when I turned it back on its back to not posting! I hit the bios clear button, took the battery out.... nothing. its not even beeping now.

I had a multi meter but it grew legs... so no.

on another note, Im ready to take a sledge hammer to this computer. I had it up and running fine in bios and decided to shut down to plug the fans directly into the MB and when I turned it back on its back to not posting! I hit the bios clear button, took the battery out.... nothing. its not even beeping now.
Have you tried disconnecting the fans to see if there is a short?

With the fans not working on the controller I would suspect a problem with the fans or wires.

Last edited:
Even though it's a brand new PSU you might have blown a fuse.

Turn off and unplug the PSU, Take the 24 pin connector and use paperclip jumper for the green wire and black, then disconnect all the other wires that the PSU is connected to and use a fan that you know is good and connect it to the PSU, then plug in the PSU to the outlet and turn on and see if the fan is working.

I have fans running now..... video card fan is working, cooling pump is working. From what I remember, these PSU's wont even fully turn on without something to draw power.

I have fans running now..... video card fan is working, cooling pump is working. From what I remember, these PSU's wont even fully turn on without something to draw power.

That is why I had you connect the fan for testing the PSU.

Last edited:
should i still test it? i dont think I would see a different result if things are powering on now.

yes, everything is still running the same, only diff is no VGA and no post beeps.

Well I would try pulling out your video card and see if you get 3 beeps when you try to start up.

thats what I was thinking

pulled it out, no beeps

im not even getting the little LED's on the board lighting up for CPU, RAM, VGA...etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you have all your connection's on your PSU connected correctly to the motherboard then I would check your connection's by disconnecting and checking for burnt pins then plug them back in and see if there is any change.

Last edited:
I hate to say it sounds like you have a bad motherboard. The only thing left to try is pull your motherboard out of the case and set it on cardboard or a non conductive surface and see if you can get it to post.

Yeah it doesn't sound too good. Try contacting asus they might fix it for you for a small fee. Or pull it from the case and try it on the table bare bones. Try 1 stick of ram in the red slot furthest to the right, after you pulled the battery for a bit and see if she'll post. Sounds a bit borked tho.. Also, since the board has a dual bios, while it's got power but not turned on look to the bottom of the board and push the bios button to switch to the other. It might work..

Back