• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Sabertooth X99 - Memory Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flynnstone

Registered
I built a new system 6 months back, and have been having intermittent issues with the board recognizing all of the memory i have installed. I'm currently running a total of 4, 8GB Dimms, (Corsair Dominator DDR4), however the system info is only displaying 16GB of the 32GB installed.

I've read that the X99 boards can be finicky, and memory voltage may need to be adjusted in order to keep the installed Dimms stable. Not sure if this is true, but i also dont have a ton of experience overclocking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

try running 1 module at a time to make sure you dont have a bad one. then try switching the modules around if both are known good. you shouldnt have to increase the voltage with them. stock voltage should be gtg. if you try ocing them then you may need to adjust voltage and timings. are you running them under xmp or manually setting them up?

Assuming you do t have bad slots or modules (not likely) id raise System Agent voltage .1v-.15v over stock (check the bios for what SA voltage is set to by default).

Back