• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus strix z370-I gaming/ 8600K stuck at 3600?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just got my asus strix z370 gaming-I installed with an 8600K, it's stuck at 3600mgz!!!!!
this really upsets my system and kind of pisses me off also as I know it's my fault some place in the bios.
I have xmp disabled, core set to all core, all the stuff under advanced cpu settings disabled, core ratio set to 40, voltage control set to offset.

any hints guys?

turbo and speedshift are disabled.

this little, tiny thing is just as cute as a button!!!!!!
I makes my air 540 case look giant sized!!!!

got the point, will enable turbo.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

fixed!!!!!!!
now to try to get the voltage under control.

Sweet! I like the easy ones. :)

Disable SVID if it is in there, and go manual to start. Once you find its voltage on manual. Start on auto, see what load voltage is and use adaptive/offset.

I have svid but the choices are best case, worst case, intel fail safe, stuff like that, so I'll have a bit of tail chasing to do.

Leave it alone in that case. For the review, I don't think I touched it IIRC and that had a 8700K to 5.1 GHz.

that looks like the best idea, the board is not billed as an overclockers dream board.
there is not a lot I can do with voltage other than llc, in offset and manual mode the board just does what it wants.
this cpu is ripe for a delid and run neked, at 4.4 it's making 62c @1.25-1.26 volts.

I think we need to get live updating going on in the forums... it feels like users leave OCF open and walk away for xx time, then come back and post missing all the replies in between. Im guilty of this too. This way if someone replies while the window was open it will say there are further replies and offer to see them.

OK! the lack of voltage control was all me, not too bad then, and another easy fix.
the svid lines in hardware monitor is what the cores call for, the vcore line up at the top is the actual vcore supplied, so I actually have it under control.
the cpu is throttling due to reaching TDP, what other voltage can I reduce to give me some TDP headroom on this 8600K?

OK! the lack of voltage control was all me, not too bad then, and another easy fix.
the svid lines in hardware monitor is what the cores call for, the vcore line up at the top is the actual vcore supplied, so I actually have it under control.
the cpu is throttling due to reaching TDP, what other voltage can I reduce to give me some TDP headroom on this 8600K?
Raise the power limits....

that works.
There are A number of power limits in this bios to raise, I raised them all to the max other than the tdp limit, I raised that to 110% now.
I did not know that occt uses AVX so I set AVX offset to 0 and am moving along.

making 4.6, which I am @1.216 vcore and less than 80c, which I am, making 72c in occt.
I will use it for rendering blender projects and expect to set the avx offset to 1.

this is really an impressive, tiny board, much better than the gigabyte z370p d3 board I was using with the neked 8600K.
next week, If I get time I'll put the neked 8600K in this board and see what she will do!!!!!!

Back