• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus The M5A88-V EVO post codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisht256

Pretty sure its a AMI bios.. getting 1 beep pause then 3 fast beeps.. pause then 4 slow beeps... Sorta confused at what these are. Is this 3 seperate error codes I'm getting? or one long code saying my motherboard I just bought it dead... I hope that not the case... I was rough when isntalling my Hyper 212+ because the ****ty thing came bent was sorta pissed but I didn't really hit anything and i kept destaticing myself the whole time... Be pretty pissed if this boards dead.. I really dont wanna ship this back to newegg wait forever for refund then have to buy another.

From what I can dig up the first two sets, the 1 beep then the 3 beeps are memory related, and the 4 beeps has to do with the motherboard timer. I'd start with the memory, take it out and reseat it and definitely rum memtest 86 on it

From what I can dig up the first two sets, the 1 beep then the 3 beeps are memory related, and the 4 beeps has to do with the motherboard timer. I'd start with the memory, take it out and reseat it and definitely rum memtest 86 on it

not hooked up to a monitor the board has a HDMI output so I'll hook it up to my HD tv for now just to see something. I cant tell if what im getting is a continuous beep or what... its just a bunch of fast beeps then 4 regular beeps. in the manual there is a 1 continious with 4 beeps and its a hardware failure code... however... I 'm still not 100% sure sooooo

Last edited:
Back