• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus vs Asrock (z77)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've used only 2 brands personally, and Asus is by far the best.. my MIVE-Z has been kicking pretty good for a while now.
back when i first started bulding computers i had an old G41 board (brand new) that didnt work, took less than 2 weeks for the RMA. loved the service!

It was a value minded spinoff by the pegatron corporation. They are completely separated since about 2008...but were never really together anyway.
not to nitpick, but that's not true. Pegatron didn't even exist when I bought my 939 board and ASRock existed several years before that as a spinoff funded directly by Asus. From what I recall back then, it didn't just serve as a budget brand but more importantly as an experimental brand drawing from Asus' experience. That's why ASRock has all kinds of funky boards that were seen as too risky to be marketed directly by Asus, the 939 included. Anyway, ASRock products have been trouble free for me and they have been my favorite mobo manufacturer for years. This isn't out of ignorance and I do have boards by Asus, Abit, Biostar, Foxconn, MSI, etc...

Back