• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X99-Deluxe - Not viewing all my 16gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secureip

Registered
Hi everybody, I really need help. I have an Asus X99-Deluxe/U3.1 with 16Gb memory G.Skill DDR4-3000 (F4-3000C15Q-16GRR) and my modo only detect 8Gb. I try every thing, and it's always the same thing. Bios is 1901. I setup XMP in the asus bios and it see 2133MHZ memory.

Attached some pictures for helping.

thx all and sorry for my english, I'm french :)
IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0897.JPG

Have you tried moving the two sticks that aren't seen into different slots?

Sure, I try all four on the same side. I also mix the memory from side to side. Memory is good.

CPU-Z see 12GB but windows and bios only 8Gb ??????

Try one stick (and one stick only) in each memory slot. Let me know if it doesn't show up in every slot.
Document per slot if the stick is recognized or not.

I just test to put all the memory on the right side and ... 16GB is now detected.

If I simply put one stick on the left side, I get error 53 on the LED (error memory initalizing)

But now, I simply not follow the recommanded configuration and it's working (in dual channel instead of quadro channel)

You have a bad memory channel then.
Please pull the CPU out, take a picture of the socket pins, and post the picture here.

...... I just check the memory SDF in CPU Z and I have the Quad ......

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0903.JPG

View memory into C1,C2,D1,D2

Seriously ... I really don't understand ... hahaha but now it's working :)

It sounds like you have a dead memory channel if they're not working properly on the other side of the board...

Woomack mentioned some memory issues with a lot of X99 boards and a bios update quite often helped

It's a common issue on all X99 boards. Try to remove memory and put them in different slots. Also check if slots and memory pins are clean.
For some reason it's happening with any memory and on all motherboards. Usually is happening more often on older boards. Maybe some design flaw, hard to say but something similar was on X79 ( or at least I had ).
Even after switching memory it may back after some time. On my brother's motherboard, missing memory modules were happening at 3000 so at the end he left it at 2666 and tight timings even though he had 3200 memory kit.

On 1150/1155 most memory issues were related to CPU socket and contact with CPU. On 2011 I'm not sure if it's CPU socket or something else.

It's also happening when you overclock memory too high or set too low VCCSA voltage ( that for 3000+ or higher density modules ). Many overclockers were showing 3400+ results on X99 but most of their rigs were running in dual/triple channel. When you run AIDA64 or any other bandwidth benchmark then you clearly see that something is missing while most other benchmarks are not affected so much because even dual channel is fast enough for them.

Woomack mentioned some memory issues with a lot of X99 boards and a bios update quite often helped

He is already on the latest Bios.

I recently installed my X99-Deluxe, and suprise suprise, i had a similar issue. Never really got into windows to check it, but i have one of my stick on the other side now show up in the bios, i swapped around the sticks and tried a few things, and its working now. Since then i have updated to 1901 too.

I thought it was just a problem with me for the first time ever not managing to install a ram stick, but looks like it could be trouble?

I had 4 X99 boards. On all was the same but it wasn't always happening. Sometimes I was solving it with voltages or switching memory in slots and then all was fine. Some memory kits were never causing any issues.

I agree sometimes when a channel goes out it might be the CPU socket pins are bent slightly... Be careful ASUS customer service is the worst even for the UK

Back