• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1 vs Mark 2 for watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dirkalakader

I am currently running an Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 in my watercooled system. I am looking to upgrade to the Z270 chipset and a 7700k. I like the TUF Mark 1 and Mark 2. I like to see the board itself and would love to run the Mark 2 but I worry about the MOSFETs getting cooled on the Mark 2 because it doesn't seem to have the tiny fans and ducting around the MOSFETs like the Mark 1 does. My build doesn't have much general air flow because it is not in a computer case, it's built into my desk.

My question: Is anyone running the Mark 2 in a watercooled build? Is heat on the MOSFETs an issue at all?

Thanks!

watercooling

I am currently running an Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 in my watercooled system. I am looking to upgrade to the Z270 chipset and a 7700k. I like the TUF Mark 1 and Mark 2. I like to see the board itself and would love to run the Mark 2 but I worry about the MOSFETs getting cooled on the Mark 2 because it doesn't seem to have the tiny fans and ducting around the MOSFETs like the Mark 1 does. My build doesn't have much general air flow because it is not in a computer case, it's built into my desk.

My question: Is anyone running the Mark 2 in a watercooled build? Is heat on the MOSFETs an issue at all?

Thanks!

No issues here at all. I have an asus tuf z270 mark 2 running an intel core i7 7700k and use a simple corsair H75 watercooler, and I never thought of that, but no issues whatsoever.

Back