• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z370 and Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stillsurfn

Is anybody else having issues with Asus Z370 motherboards and Windows 7.

The motherboard is not recognizing the mouse as a usb mouse and instead thinks it is a PS/2 mouse. The scroll function doesn't work.

And, the motherboard is not recognizing a wireless xbox 360 controller.

Called ASUS and was told the new Z370 cards will not work with windows 7 correctly !!

If true and there is no "work-around" it really sucks especially since there are still more windows 7 users than windows 10 users !!!

Is this an old Win7 install?
ASUS has their EZ INstaller utility to create an Win7 install media which incorporates the drivers into the install.
You can also search for the proper drivers for the INtel/asmedia USB3/3.1

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try the EX Installer but not sure if it will help.

When I use the control panel and go to the mouse screen the problem is that it is not recognized as a USB mouse so I can't load any of the usb drivers..... it shows the mouse as a PS/2 mouse and only lets me use or update PS/2 drivers.

And, the wireless xbox controller usb device isn't recognized by the motherboard at all !!

Holy crap, Batman !!

It worked perfectly !!!

YOU saved the day, man !!!

Now, the mouse, xbox controller, and keyboard ALL show up as "HID compliant" !!!!

Obviously, the ASUS tech didn't know what he was talking about.

I can now get back to finish Crysis 2 .... which has an issue running in windows 10 (directX 11 issue).

Thanks so much ...... I REALLY appreciate the advice !!

The ASUS tech was mostly correct. MS has put their foot down about Windows 7 you can still use it on the hardware but they no longer want motherboards sold as "compatible" my Ryzen set-up was the same way and that was from early 2017.

Back