• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z971 mITX D-state workaround

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wayward_Son

Hey, fellas. I haven't posted in a very long time, but I could use your help.

Last summer I built a mini ITX rig for work, thinking that I would be doing a lot of out-of-town work which never happened. The machine has been sitting, but now I have use for it as an office power machine. I did not by a gen4 i7-compatibale power supply.

I need to figure out what I need to do in the BIOS to disable the d-state power savings so that I don't need to re-boot the rig every time it falls into d_sate. My mobo manual isn't clear enough for me to start fooling with it. It is an mITX board, ASUS Z971 Plus with an intel 4790K.

Any help is appreciated.

what is d_state? i keep googling a few different ways and keep getting other things not related to it, i kinda gather it might be a low power or sleep state. i would check the os first for these options and it might be a combo of bios/os options.

Back