• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"At least Team 32 will still be in the Top 5" – February 8th Team32 Report

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tleilaxu Ghola

"At least Team 32 will still be in the Top 5" – February 8th Team32 Report

We should get used to telling this to ourselves to help us be OK with getting overtaken by Team OCN. They already made a thread celebrating their greatness. Unless the Old School pride comes through and we get a surge in active folders, Team 32 is going to get overtaken, with style points, by Team OCN. Even if we can just DELAY them so all those self-congratulatory posts about them beating us in February, especially from those sanctimonious types they have over there, will be wrong and off the mark. Delaying the overtake date into March will make all those guys who think they know everything wrong.

Anyway, here's my Team 32 update for this week-

weekoffeb11overclockers.jpg

And here is where we were last week -

feb2rankusersoverclocke.jpg

It's starting to come down to active users. Yes Team 32 obviously has some elite folders since Team 32 has been in the top 4 in the world with about 350 active folders. If team OCN only had 350 active folders we would not even be having this discussion. It's why I did not even come here to fold until I could at least do a mil-a-month. Even a mil-a-month is kind of pedestrian these days.

top20comp.jpg

This is, to me, a very interesting picture of a comparison of the top 20 producers from Team 32 and Team OCN - Sandy Bridge has been very helpful for the Team OCN top 20. It will be interesting to see how the 2600K does in the long run, but for now it's able to crush -bigadv AND run the GPU client and still get enough bonus points on the CPU -bigadv to make it worth it. Especially if single card folding a GTX 470 or better....

newuserscompare.jpg

So I'm doing a little bit of ninja-folding at work to trickle in some more PPD to help as much as I can, but I think we need to wake up some inactive folders, and see if we can hold OCN off until March. But they are feeling it over there, they are gaining folders and gaining points daily. On the week of the 23rd and the 30th they broke 60 million points per week.

ocnsprinttofinish.jpg

Yeah, the picture is not a pretty one, the definition of "Elite Folder" is definitely changing as folding's popularity, and distributed computing as a whole continues to grow in popularity in the overclocking and enthusiast community. Folding is on the rise.

So to me the million dollar question is why are there so few active folders for Team 32 these days?

-TG

Last edited:
I am above maximum production as it is, but will try to to make sure I don't lose the excess capacity.

Last edited:
if you're above maximum capacity can you use another username on the other systems to keep you at max and create more or does over capacity still calculate into your totals?

Even if we can just DELAY them so all those self-congratulatory posts about them beating us in February, especially from those sanctimonious types they have over there, will be wrong and off the mark. Delaying the overtake date into March will make all those guys who think they know everything wrong.

Hi there! :welcome:

Anyway, I pretty much agree with TG here; there's plenty of science to go 'round, and nothing like a bit of competition as an excuse to get more done. :attn:

I'll start up my gpu folding folding again. Not much but i'm sure it'll help. Too bad i don't have the funds right now to upgrade to sandy bridge or any new hardware for that matter. =/

We should get used to telling this to ourselves to help us be OK with getting overtaken by Team OCN. They already made a thread celebrating their greatness. Unless the Old School pride comes through and we get a surge in active folders, Team 32 is going to get overtaken, with style points, by Team OCN. Even if we can just DELAY them so all those self-congratulatory posts about them beating us in February, especially from those sanctimonious types they have over there, will be wrong and off the mark. Delaying the overtake date into March will make all those guys who think they know everything wrong.

Teams that pat themselves on the back for passing a team that is half their size don't offend my "old school pride" at all.

Yeah, the picture is not a pretty one, the definition of "Elite Folder" is definitely changing as folding's popularity, and distributed computing as a whole continues to grow in popularity in the overclocking and enthusiast community. Folding is on the rise.

So to me the million dollar question is why are there so few active folders for Team 32 these days?

-TG

Here's some figures I collected from EOC stats that show which team has the Elite folders:

Team 32
Active members-352
Avg PPD 15,025.0

folding@evga
Active members-1287
Avg PPD 13,035.9

[H]ardOCP
Active members-999
Avg PPD 11,921.0

OCN
Active members-778
Avg PPD 11,048.6

MPC
Active members-642
Avg PPD 7,322

But that doesn't awswer your question, I guess maybe some people just feel more comfortable in a crowd, rather than being outstanding in front of the crowd.

Hi there! :welcome:

Anyway, I pretty much agree with TG here; there's plenty of science to go 'round, and nothing like a bit of competition as an excuse to get more done. :attn:

I am so in the house!:cool:

athloninthehouse.jpg

Once I get this GPU crankin out for Team 32..I'll be able to smell your fear.. ..:comp:

argh! You going to run a -configonly for Team 32 zodac? :thup:

-TG

I'm all for competition, but let's not get carried away and talk down towards other teams.

Quantity is what counts and we just don't have that many members like we used to...

I'm all for competition, but let's not get carried away and talk down towards other teams.

Quantity is what counts and we just don't have that many members like we used to...

Well, we will get to talk UP towards Team OCN pretty soon if we don't get off the schnyde..

But, I got 2 more running for Team 32..

bothrunning.jpg

I have to run the card at stock, my boss was like "something wrong with your computer?" after I froze it trying to get a quick and dirty OC on the card in Afterburner and had to reboot 2 times when the OC froze me out... :sly:

In the end, all the points go to the same place is how I look at it. The more the better as all the research is still there to do. Besides, if people can come in and still not hurt the Team 32 average then I'm all for it. :D

I'm all with ihrsetrdr on the "Team 32 still has the true elite folders." school of thought when it comes down to the facts of ppd per folder. :rock:

-TG

Above maximum capacity means I'm folding on machines I don't own. Most notably two i7s. One seems not to be folding ATM, so I'll have to go across town and check on it.

Teams that pat themselves on the back for passing a team that is half their size don't offend my "old school pride" at all.

Here's some figures I collected from EOC stats that show which team has the Elite folders:

Team 32
Active members-352
Avg PPD 15,025.0

folding@evga
Active members-1287
Avg PPD 13,035.9

[H]ardOCP
Active members-999
Avg PPD 11,921.0

OCN
Active members-778
Avg PPD 11,048.6

MPC
Active members-642
Avg PPD 7,322

But that doesn't awswer your question, I guess maybe some people just feel more comfortable in a crowd, rather than being outstanding in front of the crowd.

Those are some sweet #'s ihrsetrdr ;)
I just wish I had the extra $$$ to finish the SR-2, but college had to be paid for...sadly that cost could of built many SR-2 rigs :(

You have a lot of spirit Tleilaxu Ghola :rock: and it would seem ya don't mind a little hard work and research. Glad to have ya here folding for the cause :thup:

Firstly, thanks for your post. It's really nice to have a kind of "here's where we are" type post to keep everyone up to date :)

It's starting to come down to active users. Yes Team 32 obviously has some elite folders since Team 32 has been in the top 4 in the world with about 350 active folders. If team OCN only had 350 active folders we would not even be having this discussion. It's why I did not even come here to fold until I could at least do a mil-a-month. Even a mil-a-month is kind of pedestrian these days.

We've always been big PPD people. Well, lots of team 32 anyway. Not me and my ~6kPPD :p

So I'm doing a little bit of ninja-folding at work to trickle in some more PPD to help as much as I can, but I think we need to wake up some inactive folders, and see if we can hold OCN off until March. But they are feeling it over there, they are gaining folders and gaining points daily. On the week of the 23rd and the 30th they broke 60 million points per week.

Above maximum capacity means I'm folding on machines I don't own. Most notably two i7s.

Be very careful. People have been fired over this sort of thing: make sure you have permission.

Good for the project, not so good for us. I think OCAU are feeling it too. That said: the fact we are team 32 and not 100032 speaks volumes about our continued commitment to the project.

Either the forum has less members (we do, and we're shrinking slowly although we're starting to reverse the trend with the frontpage reboot) or less of our members fold. The latter point is easier to fix.

They've tried turning me before, and haven't managed it yet.

I get cookies at OCN. :)

:thup: Your loyalty is valued.

As for increasing production: I'm at max. at the moment:
- Laptop CPU (i7-720QM) and GPU (FX880M, maybe risky)
- Dual P4 Xeon 2.8 GHz (ca. 100ppd each CPU is hardly worth it, really).
- E6850 in the office
- X2 7750 @ 2.97 GHz at home.

I hope to acquire a second-hand X4 9650 soon, and put a decent mid-range GPU in it.

To be honest, I think the points inflation is a killer. I wish I could afford a Sandy Bridge rig ...

EDIT: Do we need a call-to-arms on teh front page?

I recently fired up some of my machines, Should boost me to around 30k ppd. I have tried to always remain active anyways though (even if it was only my PS3).

Back