• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athalon II X2 250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Got any pointers for an Athalon II X2 250 ? I was beating one up last night and got stuck at 4.0 with 1.5v. Tried lowering mem and busses and pumping volts to it but couldn't get 4.1. This is the only A2 I've had and just got it yesterday. Temps were good, just wondering if I've hit the "wall" wih this one?? Had it in the CHV-z with G.Skill eco 2x2 kit. Kept the memory as close to 1066 as possible but I did have it running around 1400 at one point.
At 3750 had it P95 stable( 20 minutes) 1.45v nb at 2250 stock volts and ram at 1400 I think it was 7-7-7 timings.
EDIT One thing I should mention is that with raising the reference clock my lowest HT/NB and mem frequencies are rising now as well. At this point I still have room with the 2 busses I think they were around 1920 but the rams lowest setting is now 11xx. But it should still run at this speed.

Last edited:
I think you've hit the wall. I've gotten several Athlon IIs in the past year or so and overclocked them all but only on stock cooling mind you. The higher end models like the AII X2 270 ones are good for about 3.8 ghz on stock cooling with cheap micro ATX motherboard. I put them in builds for clients. They're great for that since they run cool overclocked and are pretty peppy for the average computer user. I pick them up off ebay for $25-$30 used.

Thanks guys. I did manage to get it up to 4228 for a validation and some benching at4100ish. I'll hold off till next winter to push it any further if it'll go seemed to have an allergy to voltage starting close to 1.6v. It would just crash. But I did learn I can run the memory at 1500 7-8-7 with the NB just over 2500 so I have a better understanding of it now. Just ran out of time and cold weather.

Back