• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

athlon x2 safe voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slynutcase

i cant find much info online about safe voltages for athlon x2's i have managed to get my spare athlon x2 220 up to 3.7ghz with 1.5v stable, it feels like it has abit more in it but im not sure about safe voltages with it, and it beeing my spare cpu incase i fry my phenom i dont really want to let the magic smoke out, anyone have any idea what voltages they are safe to run to? i have a good cooler on it and it maxes out at 22 degrees even at 3.7 with 1.5v after about 6 hours of prime, so heat is not a problem, just want to know if im safe bumbing the voltage up another .5 or so.

Do you have Load Line Calibration (LLC) enabled in bios? Have you monitored core voltage while loading the CPU? If not, download and install HWMonitor and it on the desktop and then run 20 minutes of the Prime95 blend test. Watch the CPU voltage line and the core temp lines. Report back. That info in you sig looks like its for another system. Could you give us that same kind of info for the system your are asking help with?

Its just some old parts lying around that iv made into a working pc just to overclock the cpu, its specs are
Motherboard, asrock n68c-s ucc
Cpu, athlon x2 220 am3 2.8ghz stock overclocked to 3.7 @ 1.5v full load drops to 1.488v with llc enabled
Ram, some random hp 3gig 1333 rated running it lower as I don't trust it fully (but it seems fine for what I'm doing)
No gpu in it,
Jus want to know if these cpu's are safe past 1.5v really, its not a permanent system, just overclocking to see what the cpu can do.

I put a Regor 240 on my wife's rig. Got it to 3.6 on 1.55 volts with a Corsair A50 cooler. Temps were quite low but I didn't want to push the volts any more. I always feel mid 1.5s for vcore is about the safe limit for any AMD CPU for 24/7 operation. That's my opinion.

That's about what I thought, I my push it abit further when I'm at home to see if I can get 3.8 or possibly 3.9 on 1.55v if there's no problems there I may try for 4 but might be hoping abit much there lol. :)

Back