• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 1900+ Rading OC incorrectly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

df0xyd

-TYPO (Title says rading, instead of Reading)

Well, I'm a genius, lol...
The reason it won't show right, is because I didn't unlock the cpu... :p
Anyone know how I can unlock it?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a friend of mine a low-end gaming computer with spare parts I had lying around.

Abit NF7
Athlon XP 1900+ (Palomino {I think})
FX5200 OC 275|425
256MB RAM

Anyways, I flashed the bios, and did a fresh install of XP. At first I didn't really pay attention, bu windows was reading the CPU as 1.1GHz. I just figured it was a glitch because I hadn't restarted the computer after installing the drivers yet. So, I restarted, went ahead to bios to give the cpu a nice little overclock of 12X150. Went into XP and it's reading as 1.2GHz.....

Any Thoughts?

Last edited:
my thought is that NF7 boards are crap, there one dieing a slow death in the other room, its never been right even since after an RMA and got a different replacment

my thought is that NF7 boards are crap, there one dieing a slow death in the other room, its never been right even since after an RMA and got a different replacment

The NF7 was basically one of the best Socket A motherboard ever made. It was rivaled by the DFI Lanparty board.
I had one that pushed my XP 2000+ to 2.3GHz!

i liked my Ultra Infinity alot but i still stick to my above statement. after RMA-ing one and got a ver.2 it still had issues. the only other board i had that was as bad is asus

You probably were not lucky. I have 2 nf7 v2 motherboards which have been both running Bartons 2500+@2300mhz since 2003 24/7, and I never had a problem with any of them.

The NF7 was basically one of the best Socket A motherboard ever made. It was rivaled by the DFI Lanparty board.
I had one that pushed my XP 2000+ to 2.3GHz!

Since you overclocked the Athlon XP, do you remember how to unlock it?
It's locked at 12X133 (I think)

-TYPO (Title says rading, instead of Reading)

Well, I'm a genius, lol...
The reason it won't show right, is because I didn't unlock the cpu... :p
Anyone know how I can unlock it?

Any Thoughts?

http://www.overclockers.com/tips693/

You have got to be joking! I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE to agree with you.

Another OCing possibility would be to pin mod the socket as shown here. No unlocking involved (but it is a pain in the butt to change the OC :D).

I had to use this trick to get my 2500+ Barton working in my mobo. I've got a Shuttle AK31a, which was produced way back in the days of the Thunderbird and Palomino and doesn't have high enough multipliers available in the BIOS :santa:

JigPu

Back