• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio lagging suddenly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

So my primary use for my system is entertainment, mainly watching movies/shows like a home theatre..

A couple days, maybe three, ago, while watching a movie, after about 10mins the audio starts lagging (I think, it may be too fast, the point is it's out of sync) by 0.1sec or so, and it takes a restart of the movie to get it again, but after 10 mins it lags again. I used MPC-HC when this happened, my secondary player is PotPlayer and sure enough, the same thing happens there, but like I said, only the last two days or so, and it's better as soon as I restart the movie. Shows don't seem to be affected at the moment but it may be because I watch movies on weekends and haven't noticed.

Restarting the computer does nothing, it's still there, and I don't remember installing anything new, hardware or software.

Thanx

Usually the first thing I do is system restore, it didn't occur to me this time because I did not install anything, but in any case, I restored it two points back, like 5 days, it said I installed DirectX and VIA USB 3.0 drivers, and it seems to have done the trick, 1 hour of a movie in the background with surfing web and other stuff and still no out of sync problems, hopefully this is it. It also means the USB 3 drivers were likely the culprit so I probably don't have usb 3 right now lol, argh.

Back