• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My latest purchase:

sr007.jpg

Another purchase to revive my Pioneer TT: Ortofon 2M Red

media.nl

So here's some real pics of my system in limbo.

Temporary setup while waiting for the Stax energizer and headphones. May end up moving all my audio stuff to the living room again, but this is a handy setup.

PL720 > SX-9 (phono stage -> preamp outs) > WA6 > UERM

Odd mix of old and new tech.

Forgive the crappy phone pics. I never seem to have good pictures... ever.

Excellent for my use, custom IEMs. Not all that powerful, but silent and great sounding. Totally different animal than the Lyr and would not be a good match for your HE-500/HD650/DT880. I am looking at alternatives, though. Might be building some solid state amps to give it some competition. If it holds up it stays, but I'm guessing it won't.

Excellent for my use, custom IEMs. Not all that powerful, but silent and great sounding. Totally different animal than the Lyr and would not be a good match for your HE-500/HD650/DT880. I am looking at alternatives, though. Might be building some solid state amps to give it some competition. If it holds up it stays, but I'm guessing it won't.

I am really happy with my Micro Stack right now. I ordered an Astrodyne PSU for the amp in hopes it will deliver. But the biggest thing to me is the crossfade. The imaging is surreal.

Still getting used to it, but I bought a new camera (Canon ELPH 100 HS) so here's a shot of new arrivals:

Left to right: Sennheiser HD600 (owned for a long time), Focal Spirit One (just released), Philips Fidelio L1 (just released), Sennheiser HD598 (on market for a while, new to me).

1d1f02c5_quartetrightlarge.jpeg

Still getting used to it, but I bought a new camera (Canon ELPH 100 HS) so here's a shot of new arrivals:

Left to right: Sennheiser HD600 (owned for a long time), Focal Spirit One (just released), Philips Fidelio L1 (just released), Sennheiser HD598 (on market for a while, new to me).

1d1f02c5_quartetrightlarge.jpeg

How are the Philips Fidelio L1s?

I just put in an order for a JDS Labs C421. Looking for some nice IEMs now. Was thinking of getting some JH5s or Shure SE535 with my tax return. I really would like some custom IEMs.

Just picked up some very very very rare Electro Voice 12TRXs. Theyre similar to the 12TRXBs that Im currently running, but use a monster AlNiCo (aluminum/nickel/cobalt) magnet, and have a better tweeter. Also, the crossover is a 1st order 12dB/octave vs the 6db/octave thats in my 12TRXBs. Heres the kicker, these bad boys weigh in at 28lb each, vs the 14lb of the 12TRXB. These are very hard drivers to come by, usually when they pop up they go for $300 to $400 each...but I snatched em up for far less than that :). Hell, back in the late 50s when they debuted, they were $120 each....~$800 in todays money. Theyre also 16 ohms, meaning theyre a perfect match for the low powered tube amps I love...plus theyre more efficient. Gonna be a fun year kids :D.

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

Thanks.

I've got my old Phenom II 955BE + 4GB RAM in my old Fractal R3 powering the setup, running to an Ashton MXL8 mixer (for karaoke), then from that to my Denon AVR-1312 receiver. The speakers are Steinman Audio Labs THR2's and the sub a Dream Acoustics SW300.

The Denon reciever is the base model but the sound quality is great. All you seem to miss out on are the auto config stuff, which I don't miss anyway. The sound quality is great. Always love listening to the unplugged/live version of Hotel California on this. ;)

Of course, I've a Retro Duo gaming console in the cabinet for drunken gaming sessions with mates. There nothing better than playing Battle City or Super Street Fighter II Turbo after a few drinks

My JDS Labs C421 came in today. It is one gorgeous amp. I hope to snap a pic when I get home from work.

Edit; Home from work.

tOe0q.jpg

n1hOm.jpg

Last edited:
Curious why you didn't go with the O2? I'm tapping my foot waiting on the ODA to come out so I can finally get an Objective, but in a form factor that makes any sort of sense for me.

Back