• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Added my car subwoofer to my office sound system. This subwoofer is officially for sale ( here in quebec ) but i think i found a second life for him under my desk !

This is a JL Audio CLS110RG-W7 powered by a kenwood Excelon X1200m.
DSCF3430.JPG

Rest of my audio is a logitech X540 kit, i turned this kit subwoofer off.

I can wake my entire neiborhood with this thing ... I currently feed it with a 500w PSU, gain at 1/3 and its already too loud ... i dont think i need anything moe than 100-200w in office ... BTW its too powerfull for the rest of my office sound system. Ill leave it there till him bored. Will it happen ?

Going to turn a new set of cups for my gado Sr-80i. Any recomendations on wood? Was thinking some type of black wood or mahogany. What would you like to see?

Not gaming/pc related, but my audio system.

Thorens TD-160 with a boat load of custom work done to it. The staple of my system.
Custom Padauk Plinth
Custom Vinyl Nirvana Acrylic Outer Platter
SME 3009 Improved Cardas rewired w/ RCA mod
SAE1000E MC Cartridge (LOVE this cartridge)
Bren1 Record Weight (I want to get a heavier one as the acrylic platter is much lighter than the factory one)
Vibration Deadening material applied to Top and Sub chassis
3/4" thick MDF base plate w/ anti resonant paint application
Herbie's Isolation Turntable feet.
Morrow Audio PH3 Phono Cables

From bottom to top of the rack. All Marantz gear circa 1970s and still running strong.
Marantz 2215b Receiver (used as a tuner) partially recapped
Marantz 170dc Power Amp fully recapped and tuned w/ LEDs
Marantz 3250 Preamp fully recapped and tuned
Marantz 2010 Receiver (just hangs out looking cool)
Grant Fidelity TubeDAC (converts my digital audio to analogue)
Squeezebox Touch DAC (handles my FLACs, hooked directly up to my external)

Speakers: Custom Paradigm Titans. Upgraded woofers, tweeters, crossovers, and some other goodies on the internals.
Mating with a Paradigm SB-80 passive sub for a bit of extra headroom.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    708.1 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    675.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 20130423_112134.jpg
    20130423_112134.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 443
  • 20121223_215541.jpg
    20121223_215541.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 433
Easier to navigate without turning on the plasma (200W).

I run the Squeezebox over wifi, transfer data via coax digital to the Oppo, and the Oppo decodes and send the signal out via XLR.

Great idea. Do you ever have any problems with your Squeezebox, "Local media server has stopped due to a problem."? Every now and then I get that, I think it's because of artwork.

Haven't encountered it yet. I like the little unit. All I can think of that would be better would be a full on HTPC with a small LCD.

That's what I prefer. I've seen some projects where they actually put a small LCD on the HTPC so menus were easily accessible, etc. I imagine you could also use a small touch screen to make it mouseless, but still have it remote capable.

Excuse the sideways shot of my drying socks... err speaker's.
(Android the utterly useless alternative to window's... enjoy)

Damn nice Legacy Audio set you have there.

Thank you!

Actually, the pair I posted before were Walnut finish. I ordered them in Rosewood and things got cross-shipped somehow. First time it's ever happened. I got to keep the Walnut pair while a brand new set of Rosewoods were built for me (guy who got my pair decided to keep them).

So here's the new set!

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2754.JPG
    IMG_2754.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 294
That's a beautiful setup. I've always wanted to check out Legacy gear.

Are you using mono blocks with them?

I need to post a picture of my setup with my new to me Vandersteen 2ci towers.

Back