• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Average overclock for unlocked 6950 + bf 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone feel like helping out my issue? : )

I know the deal with increasing voltage for stability at higher clocks, and if it hits around 95c that's really bad. So with that prelude....

As for the main thread; Post-patch, my BF3 is crashing at all clocks, stock and OC, so I'm with you guys there (it was pretty rare before the patch, after the patch it was like every other game (>.<). My friend has RealTek drivers too though, and he's fine.

As for my issue, Unfortunately, since my mobo and CPU are messed up I can't do any tests for you guys to see if something works..so if you have ideas as to what the issue is, when i get a new Mobo and CPU i can check and see if it works.

However, that's not my question, what my problem is, is that I can hit 960mhz at 1.25 V, give or take. My temps don't go above 70c, and when I raise the core mhz, it'll hang in whatever tests I run. I increase the voltages, even up to 1.29V, and even that doesn't solve the issue. My temps are perfectly normal, even low, and yet I can't raise the core/voltages without it hanging in tests. Any idea as to what the problem is?

As for my issue, Unfortunately, since my mobo and CPU are messed up I can't do any tests for you guys to see if something works..so if you have ideas as to what the issue is, when i get a new Mobo and CPU i can check and see if it works.

However, that's not my question, what my problem is, is that I can hit 960mhz at 1.25 V, give or take. My temps don't go above 70c, and when I raise the core mhz, it'll hang in whatever tests I run. I increase the voltages, even up to 1.29V, and even that doesn't solve the issue. My temps are perfectly normal, even low, and yet I can't raise the core/voltages without it hanging in tests. Any idea as to what the problem is?

I believe you've reached your card limit.
You can throw as much volt as you want, it won't be stable.

When, with decent temps, you can't get stability anymore, whatever voltage you add.

Well after the latest patch there are now no issues with crashing at even higher clocks.. can you explain that?

They may have made dynamic lighting more optimized (less demanding) or whatever. I don't code for Dice. The bottom line is this.

If you are stable at stock clocks and then increase clocks and become unstable, then the OC is not stable.

All games are different. Some "eye-candy" filled games may not stress a certain part of your card that is causing instability, but another game may.

Anyone feel like helping out my issue? : )

I know the deal with increasing voltage for stability at higher clocks, and if it hits around 95c that's really bad. So with that prelude....

As for the main thread; Post-patch, my BF3 is crashing at all clocks, stock and OC, so I'm with you guys there (it was pretty rare before the patch, after the patch it was like every other game (>.<). My friend has RealTek drivers too though, and he's fine.

These cards don't like going over 60C at all with high temps and volts. With my stock cooler, I was able to hit maybe 940 @ 1.3 volts running 3dmark06 and metro2033.

I upgraded to a shaman cooler with temps below 55C at load and @ 1.3 volts could hit 980 on the core.

Home Sizzle I appreciate you for backing me up :) As for me I just bought BF3 on black Friday and it's crashing literally 2 minutes in game even at stock clocks. I've been trying to just fiddle in the menu and then it freezes my computer up. Does anyone know if it's afterburner like in BFBC2 or is it realtek that's causing this?

Edit: AMD's 11.12 Beta drivers really worked well to eliminate the crashing. If you want download here http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-11-12-beta-8-93

Last edited:
Home Sizzle I appreciate you for backing me up :) As for me I just bought BF3 on black Friday and it's crashing literally 2 minutes in game even at stock clocks. I've been trying to just fiddle in the menu and then it freezes my computer up. Does anyone know if it's afterburner like in BFBC2 or is it realtek that's causing this?

Edit: AMD's 11.12 Beta drivers really worked well to eliminate the crashing. If you want download here http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-11-12-beta-8-93

Damn, this makes me wish even more so that my motherboard wasn't **** ****ed up, ;alksjdsdfsdfasdf :bang head

Back