• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Average temp differences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

Trying to finalize what components I'm gonna get, but I've been curious about one thing.

My room gets very hot during summer (right now its 3:30am and 83F inside :-/ ), and I know with w/c I wont be getting temps lower then ambient. But how high above ambient can I expect the temps of the cpu and gpu to get? Whats the average difference between the lows and highs for most of your setups? I'd especially like to hear from those who have heavy overclocks, hot components, and hot rooms to boot.

Mpegger said:
Trying to finalize what components I'm gonna get, but I've been curious about one thing.

My room gets very hot during summer (right now its 3:30am and 83F inside :-/ ), and I know with w/c I wont be getting temps lower then ambient. But how high above ambient can I expect the temps of the cpu and gpu to get? Whats the average difference between the lows and highs for most of your setups? I'd especially like to hear from those who have heavy overclocks, hot components, and hot rooms to boot.
Well...I have my CPU and GPU in my loop. Room temps at 28 and I'm folding and play WoW. Proc is around 48-50c and GPU is around 46c. This is with my CPU at 3.2 and GPU at 660/1000.

I believe I meet those specs...lol

Ouch. Thats a high temp for the cpu, and I'm looking at a similar setup to yours. I was asking this question cause I'm debating on whether to leave my cpu on air or add it to the loop. Right now with the Ninja, it idles at ambient, and is rarely more then 10C above ambient when being used. I'm sure once I start o/c it, that'll change though.

Keeps the temps coming people.

Mpegger said:
Ouch. Thats a high temp for the cpu, and I'm looking at a similar setup to yours. I was asking this question cause I'm debating on whether to leave my cpu on air or add it to the loop. Right now with the Ninja, it idles at ambient, and is rarely more then 10C above ambient when being used. I'm sure once I start o/c it, that'll change though.

Keeps the temps coming people.
Yes those are high, but I have Panaflo's on a fan controller at about 1/2 voltage. So if I crank it up, those should drop 5-10.

Back